Hood Bounce

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wiltff

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Me neither really but since the subject was on the table, might as well find out what works.

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
My 79 shakes like that at varying levels depending on speed. Bucket asking about the core support mounts make me wonder about mine. The left front has been looked “mashed” since I’ve owned it.
You must be registered for see images attach

The other side looks new in comparison. What do you guys think?

THAT was a difficult angle in my jammies!

Sorry Slick for hijacking your post.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
My 79 shakes like that at varying levels depending on speed. Bucket asking about the core support mounts make me wonder about mine. The left front has been looked “mashed” since I’ve owned it.
You must be registered for see images attach

The other side looks new in comparison. What do you guys think?

THAT was a difficult angle in my jammies!

Sorry Slick for hijacking your post.

You said those wheels were never very round, correct? That coupled with a loose core support bushing could certainly cause the front clip to shimy/shake at various speeds.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
P.O. of my truck put spray foam in various points between the inner and outer metal of my hood. Not sure if this was to correct this issue or not, but my hood doesn’t move at all. Might work...

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
My hood is higher on the drivers side on the front, bounces a little as well. Bugs me as well not worried about it flying open though

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I've got an issue with my hood on my 85 K1500 too. It doesn't so much bounce, but it seems to be sitting up much higher on the left than the right. I've adjusted the hood stops and such and no changes. I haven't worried much about it but it's starting to bother me now cuz it looks like ****. I'll have to get some pics.

you figure it out let me know. Same issue here....drivers side is higher. Like @78C10BigTen said.....haven't given it much care...until I notice it again a few weeks later lol.

Sorry @Slick51 for hijacking your thread a bit.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
you figure it out let me know. Same issue here....drivers side is higher. Like @78C10BigTen said.....having given it much care...until I notice it again a few weeks later lol.

Sorry @SlickRick321 for hijacking your thread a bit.
I watched my hood hoppin this mornin on the way to work. Its also cracked and creased at the pass. side crumple point with lmc braces on it so another reason i dont really care that it hops... err "shakes". But it looked to be a sheet metal separation hop not a "my hoods gunna fly off" hop so.... but shes 40 years old so her battle scars, rust and hard earned miles dont really bother me, just proves chevy put better care and love in the older trucks.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
On two occasions I have had the hood on my '74 completely fly open going down the road because my latch was screwed up.

1st while I was going only about 45mph, caused no damage, and second when I was going 70 on the interstate, and it mangled my hood and broke one of the hinges.

I ended up semi-straightening it out and welding the hinge back together.

A little while later, I got a new hood and latch at a junkyard and have not had problems since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad