HID or LED headlights whats good for street driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTinMan

Reaction score
First Name
McKinley
Truck Year
Truck Model
R3500
Engine Size
Vortec 8100
To me LED is the way to go. Less maintenance due to a longer life span, instant brightness instead of needing to warm up, less amp draw, almost equal light output. Only downfall is if you live up north and deal with ice they don’t put out any heat to clear off your bulbs. The key though is putting the bulb in the correct style housing or buying a sealed LED that is designed correctly. If you just stuff an HID or LED bulb in a reflective housing that’s not made for that all you’re going to do is scatter the light all over the place instead of having it focused in the correct location and you’ll be making oncoming traffic want to smash head on into your truck by blinding them. Trucklites, JW Speaker, etc have great cutoff lines and put out amazing light. Watch some of this guys videos. They go in deep on a lot of different bulbs and light styles.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
To me LED is the way to go. Less maintenance due to a longer life span, instant brightness instead of needing to warm up, less amp draw, almost equal light output. Only downfall is if you live up north and deal with ice they don’t put out any heat to clear off your bulbs. The key though is putting the bulb in the correct style housing or buying a sealed LED that is designed correctly. If you just stuff an HID or LED bulb in a reflective housing that’s not made for that all you’re going to do is scatter the light all over the place instead of having it focused in the correct location and you’ll be making oncoming traffic want to smash head on into your truck by blinding them. Trucklites, JW Speaker, etc have great cutoff lines and put out amazing light. Watch some of this guys videos. They go in deep on a lot of different bulbs and light styles.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think they are all too fugly to be put on my truck.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I believe I just ordered the best I could find without spending a million dollars. I will
post up when they arrive.
Damn! New fancy delay wipers AND LED lights both? Either you won the lottery or its a Houston thing given everyone on this post is from Texas. :shrug:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1