Hey yall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

You must be registered for see images attach

Welcome aboard from Winchester va. Nice truck.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
350 out of a Stingray?

Wouldn't happen to be a solid roller LT1 would it? :drool:

Welcome to the site man

RailRiderHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
welcome, nice truck, looks like a GMC red version of mine, .... oh and in better shape, lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
welcome, nice truck, looks like a GMC red version of mine, .... oh and in better shape, lol

haha, Idk if its in better shape but thanks bud =)

I'm envious of both of you !!! K20/2500's. :baby: I want one. Preferably shifter truck, but for real, I am really about to give up on that. When I see the prices of clutches, linkages, transmissions themselves, I can have 4 or 5 automatics for the same money. I only want a shifter truck so its not so boring to drive. I think I'll just set myself up with a B&M ratchet shifter and have to call it good.

Redbull

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500
Engine Size
i have the sm465 and my dad was telling me theres a thing you can get like a linkage that is between the TC an the tranny, and itll throw you into an over drive gear? anyone know anything about that?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have a feeling he may be talking about a gear vendor overdrive unit. Yeah, you can get one if you're willing to shell out a couple thousand dollars. If you want overdrive, you'd be ahead of the game to go with an NV4500 in place of the SM465. That still gives you the granny gear, and an overdrive 5th gear. You can make that swap usually for well under $1000. That's including the transmission too of course. All depends on how cheap you find your used parts and what linkage or hydraulic system you intend to use.

Redbull

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500
Engine Size
I have a feeling he may be talking about a gear vendor overdrive unit. Yeah, you can get one if you're willing to shell out a couple thousand dollars. If you want overdrive, you'd be ahead of the game to go with an NV4500 in place of the SM465. That still gives you the granny gear, and an overdrive 5th gear. You can make that swap usually for well under $1000. That's including the transmission too of course. All depends on how cheap you find your used parts and what linkage or hydraulic system you intend to use.

Wow thats insane i didnt know they were that much

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
yeah, Gear Vendor Units are some high dollar units. There are some out there thoough. Sometimes you can find an old ass gutted out rotten RV that someone will take $500-$1000 for. I'd jump on it just for the Gear Vendor unit and the Th400 transmission. Many of the RV Th400 have straight cut planetaries which are rock sold strong for high horsepower drag racing, and then of the gear vendor unit is usually found on some RV's with real low gears and Th400 or Ford C6 transmissions.

Redbull

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500
Engine Size
im not sure on what im gonna do yet.
Im joining the army so after basic (osut) i should have some left over money to figure stuff out with. Maybe i can do just as you say :High 5:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigcreek