HELP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codypicz24

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20 1985
Engine Size
Will my Speedo still work if the needle was broken In half, I can’t drive it right now so I can’t figure it out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 35

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
It'll work. It'll just be harder to read the speed. Mine broke on the first test drive after installing the new heads. Cruising down the freeway, speed good, then checked the other gauges and when I looked back at the speedometer the needle was gone, just the center portion remained. Now I project an imaginary line from the center portion to what seems be pointing at. Eventually I'll fix it, but not until I need to get into the dash.

Codypicz24

Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20 1985
Engine Size
It'll work. It'll just be harder to read the speed. Mine broke on the first test drive after installing the new heads. Cruising down the freeway, speed good, then checked the other gauges and when I looked back at the speedometer the needle was gone, just the center portion remained. Now I project an imaginary line from the center portion to what seems be pointing at. Eventually I'll fix it, but not until I need to get into the dash.
Yeah… it was a pain in the ass for me to put the gauge cluster back together and to finally realize the needle broke when it’s all finished lol

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It actually quite easy to replace. White housing stays in. Remove the bezel, lense, shield and screws holding the gauge. Reach under around back and unclip the cable, pull spedo out. Only tools required are a Phillips screwdriver and a nut driver.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
When my Speedo cable broke a few weeks ago, I downloaded a speedometer app on my iphone. It was pretty accurate. I set my phone on my dash so I could see it. When I got my new cable, I used it in conjunction with the speedo and they were matched.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
One of these days I'll fix my speedo. Haven't had one since 2015 lol. That speed app on your phone works pretty good.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
One of these days I'll fix my speedo. Haven't had one since 2015 lol. That speed app on your phone works pretty good.
It works very well and did the job in a pinch. I'm keeping it on my phone in case my new cable breaks. Seems the original length cables aren't available. Only too long, or stretched to just barely fit. So far it's doing ok

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
12turnda