Help! Possible Exhaust/Airflow Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cyn88

Reaction score
First Name
Cynthia
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Re: 86' Chevy Pickup: Auto-305

*Please Note: Work Done*

Engine Rebuild: 04/2013
Carb. Rebuild: 09/2012
Tranny Rebuild: 02/2010

She's been running rough for a while now and I was hoping it wasn't the tranny again but really thought after the engine rebuild it would probably address the issues, but that was not the case.

Main Problem:
Almost every time going down hill, I usually allow the truck to coast all the way down, and when I do go to apply the gas, instead of accelerating it just Revs-up real high. If Im lucky, sometimes I can take it down to 40-45mph and itll smooth out but usually its just a rough ride home(Hesitation and "Over-Revving").
**down hill is where I notice this most, however its happened on straight aways and the freeway as well.

Ive also noticed the carb. is running slightly rough/lean

And just yesterday, driving 55mph the truck began to hesitate, so I let off the gas, got down to 45mph and it was fine. However today I found out if you keep on it at 55+ the truck shuts off/stalls!

Been reading that it could be a Mass Airflow Sensor(MAF) issue or the equivalent? Does this yr./mdl even have a MAF, if so, where is it located?

Maybe the Cat. Converter? I don't know!! ????

Please Advise.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Re: 86' Chevy Pickup: Auto-305

*Please Note: Work Done*

Engine Rebuild: 04/2013
Carb. Rebuild: 09/2012
Tranny Rebuild: 02/2010

She's been running rough for a while now and I was hoping it wasn't the tranny again but really thought after the engine rebuild it would probably address the issues, but that was not the case.

Main Problem:
Almost every time going down hill, I usually allow the truck to coast all the way down, and when I do go to apply the gas, instead of accelerating it just Revs-up real high. If Im lucky, sometimes I can take it down to 40-45mph and itll smooth out but usually its just a rough ride home(Hesitation and "Over-Revving").
**down hill is where I notice this most, however its happened on straight aways and the freeway as well.

Ive also noticed the carb. is running slightly rough/lean

And just yesterday, driving 55mph the truck began to hesitate, so I let off the gas, got down to 45mph and it was fine. However today I found out if you keep on it at 55+ the truck shuts off/stalls!

Been reading that it could be a Mass Airflow Sensor(MAF) issue or the equivalent? Does this yr./mdl even have a MAF, if so, where is it located?

Maybe the Cat. Converter? I don't know!! ????

Please Advise.
Sounds like you have some sort of induction issue with th carb, or a component of. Where in Cali are you?
That truck should have an ECM controlled Q jet carburetor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky