Help! Engine acting funny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ESO6200

Reaction score
First Name
Fabian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
As i think of it right now i belive it is the fuel pump makes more sense because i replaced the SPs .wires . Battery and filters . Good thing is the fuel pumpwhere im located at (bay area CA ) is relatively inexpensive about 20$ at autozone. Thanks for the help sir! [emoji106] once i swap it ill let you kno how its running .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESO6200

Reaction score
First Name
Fabian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Alright.. Yeah I'm personally back to a fuel pump issue I think. The added air when disconnecting those might have prolonged the ability to run or something.. But still seems to me like a fuel delivery issue. I'd go back on the trail like the earlier posters were saying about validating your fuel pump is working properly and you have correct pressure coming out.

Also im getting smoke from my header idont kno if a gasket went bad or the intake gasket is bad? The trucks temperature is normal when the smoke occurs and its not a whole lot but i would like to fix it any ideas on what it can be? Its on the passanger side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Off the header or out of the header?