HELP!!!-Chevy R10 tbi issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nberd87

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Silverado Package
Engine Size
350 V8
HELP!!! I have a 1987 Chevy R10 with a 350 v-8 tbi and I am not getting gas through my injectors. when my dad bought the truck, the pickup was running off just the right tank because the left was rusted through. recently, I completely removed the old valve and its wiring, plus I completely got rid of the left tank. I have only my sending unit running on its original wire while idk what the power wire from the front comes from but I know where its connected, but it works. I have also unhooked the switch in the dash and I am using none of the original wiring underneath except for the fuel gauge wire that connects right to my right tank sending unit. My pump and sending unit work fine, but now, after I replaced it and put everything back(reinstalled tank unit and pump, remounted tank) I am not getting power to my injector wire and Idk where to start:whymewhyme:

Last edited:

scottybaccus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
You need to locate the fuel pump relay, and make sure it is working. If you rerouted power to the pump, it should have come from here.
In the original system, the dash switch that swaps tanks told the valve which side to use. The valve actually has the switch between pumps and sending units built in.
You can have a running pump, and get no flow at the injectors if pressure is too low. You'll need to get a fuel pressure gauge and look at pressure when you first turn the key on. Also, make sure rust in the tank hasn't clogged up the screen on the pickup at the bottom of the pump. If that screen collapses it will stop flow, and if it tears, any sediment in the tank at all will ruin the pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jturner