Headlamp Adjusters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vr1967

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Virgil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
6.2L turbo
When I replaced all the inserts on my 91 (quad headlight) I couldn’t find any that were good, they kept breaking during installation.

I ended up using some white square inserts that seems like they were for tag screws. These inserts fit the core support perfectly and the holes were the correct size for the adjuster screws.
I just changed out all the adjusters on our church’s 92 GMC 3500 van (same as the 89-91 Blazer / Sunburban headlights). I could not find GM, so bought Auveco 10760 (10 pack for Chrysler) and used the plastic pieces from them. Removed the screws that came with them and used the GM screws, which had a tapered head needed for the headlight buckets.

hogdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I bought some last year from GM for my conversion but now I see they are discontinued.
Those are the black ones.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'd still like to know what the difference between the green and the white is. 2 different PNs so gotta be something - unless one was a revision. ?!

Whenever there is a self-tapping screw into plastic, I mic the inside flute of the screw and then use a drill that size to open up the plastic hole. That way the plastic that is being forced out is the depth of the screw's threads only. Still fairly tight with no forced-breakage.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I’m 99% sure this is the part number I used.

Dorman Help! #42117

Attachments

• IMG_6504.jpeg
    IMG_6504.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 13

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
I'd still like to know what the difference between the green and the white is. 2 different PNs so gotta be something - unless one was a revision. ?!

Whenever there is a self-tapping screw into plastic, I mic the inside flute of the screw and then use a drill that size to open up the plastic hole. That way the plastic that is being forced out is the depth of the screw's threads only. Still fairly tight with no forced-breakage.
I don't remember any green ones in the factory.

Just white.

K

hogdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I don't remember any green ones in the factory.

Just white.

K
Maybe they changed over the counter when I bought mine from Chevy parts counter cause they were green in gm package.
I have some somewhere.

I found some extra 1991 Suburban Blazer adjusters.
The original screws were black and I just swapped them out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko