Headers for ls swap with sm465

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
hi was wonder if anyone has some advice on what headers will clear the slave cylinder on the sm465

Madhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.3/NV4500/NP205/4:56 gear/35in tires
Check Schoenfeld headers. Shorties may work. 2010ish Camaro SS manifolds should clear.

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
Check Schoenfeld headers. Shorties may work. 2010ish Camaro SS manifolds should clear.
Yeah I was thinking some type of shorties, I was looking at some s10 swap ones to

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
Kinda bad picture but that’s what I’m working with

You must be registered for see images attach

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
So I took a chance order some Schoenfeld header and fit really well, doesn’t even come close to the slave cylinder

Madhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.3/NV4500/NP205/4:56 gear/35in tires
Glad to hear you found a set of headers that work.

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
Glad to hear you found a set of headers that work.
The paint looks like **** on them but the fit is great both sides, I’m back to being excited about this project again haha

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
S
So I took a chance order some Schoenfeld header and fit really well, doesn’t even come close to the slave cylinder

share the part number, I don't have hydraulic shifter like you do but may run into the same issue with the linkage, always good to have more than one option.

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
S

share the part number, I don't have hydraulic shifter like you do but may run into the same issue with the linkage, always good to have more than one option.
Sorry for the slow response but they are Schoenfeld headers part number sch-1302ls1 the paint sucks on them and the drivers o2 bung will have to be moved if you have 4x4 the o2 is like right at the shackle lol

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
If you want more pictures or measurements I’ll be more then happy to help out, the passenger side fits really well to, I have the more sitting about where the stock motor was and it’s just a little close to the floor of the cab on the p side but should be fine

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
I went to their site and I saw that the paint is temporary, so I would imagine when you fire that up it will burn off. You did say the paint on them sucked. I'm not there yet, still working on the frame, leaf springs are getting prepped to go back on then I have front and rear axles to rebuild, both leaking and the brake systems will be upgraded, before I start installing the engine.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
If you want more pictures or measurements I’ll be more then happy to help out, the passenger side fits really well to, I have the more sitting about where the stock motor was and it’s just a little close to the floor of the cab on the p side but should be fine

Looks good, like the blue valve covers!

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
I just got my pump in today, just an in-line tell I get some tanks and all the parts to go with it, probably not the best place to run my fuel lines but seem the easiest

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
I went to their site and I saw that the paint is temporary, so I would imagine when you fire that up it will burn off. You did say the paint on them sucked. I'm not there yet, still working on the frame, leaf springs are getting prepped to go back on then I have front and rear axles to rebuild, both leaking and the brake systems will be upgraded, before I start installing the engine.
Oh nice, I was gonna clean all my frame up again but I said screw it lol I Regeared the front and rear axles and did a true trac in the rear, even the motor I had in it before was rebuilt, probably like 3k on it haha I’m not sure how to upload a video clip but it had a pretty good sounding cam to it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk