Headers for ls swap with sm465

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
I just got my pump in today, just an in-line tell I get some tanks and all the parts to go with it, probably not the best place to run my fuel lines but seem the easiest

You must be registered for see images attach
That actually looks good. I have been researching the fuel distribution stuff. I originally had two tanks, one a aftermarket on the drivers side. Going to install 2 new tanks but haven't decided if I'm going to run a inline or in tank yet.

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
That actually looks good. I have been researching the fuel distribution stuff. I originally had two tanks, one a aftermarket on the drivers side. Going to install 2 new tanks but haven't decided if I'm going to run a inline or in tank yet.
Thanks, I had a 87 parts truck that I got the manual out of that’s how I have the hydraulic slave cylinder and I got rid of it and now I wish I still had it I could sure use the tanks out of it now haha I thought about the blazer fuel tank swap but I’m not sure where I would run the filler neck, my bed is way to clean to be cutting a hole in it

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Looks good. I recently did a 6.0/4L65e swap into my K5 Blazer.
It came from a 04 Escalade.
Ran my fuel down the left side since that's where the Escalade was originally.
I went with the intake fuel pump and vette style regulator/return. Works well and also keeps the pump cooler than on a frame rail.
If you want to go with Blazer tank you could also put a hole in the bed floor if your bed sides are too nice.

I went with SS shorty headers for my swap. Fits well and clears the trans linkage. They also came with the 02 bungs.

sht2kll

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1008
Engine Size
Howdy Nicholson, do not mean to high Jack or change the subject of your post, but you might be able to answer my question? I just bought an 87 V20 with an SM465. I am putting an L59 (5.3) in it I wanted to know what flywheel, disc, pressure plate and pilot bushing I might need? Thanks for any help Tom

Nicholson72

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ls 5.3
Howdy Nicholson, do not mean to high Jack or change the subject of your post, but you might be able to answer my question? I just bought an 87 V20 with an SM465. I am putting an L59 (5.3) in it I wanted to know what flywheel, disc, pressure plate and pilot bushing I might need? Thanks for any help Tom

So for the flywheel I used the
sachs NFW1050, the stock clutch and stock pressure plate bolts up to it, only thing on the pressure plate was like every other hole you just got to drill the holes out a little bit and as for the pilot bearing I used the ls7 sealed bearing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed82k20