header and exhaust kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xicor37

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 reg cab, short bed, step side
Engine Size
355 TPI
I need to put a new exhaust on my truck. Does anyone know if anyone sells a complete kit from headers to tailpipe? I'd like a dual exhaust setup that exits out the rear. I'm trying to find a decent pre bent kit so I can do it myself and not have to take it to a shop.

I wouldn't mind buying the headers and exhaust separate. But I don't know if the flanges will meet up.

Also recommendations for good headers/exhaust.

350, 4x4, mt, short bed, '77

Thanks,
~Tyler

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
If you buy headers for 350 4x4 manual transmission then it should fit just fine. Do you have brand name in mind for the exhaust headers?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Six years ago I bought a Hooker dual exhaust kit and Hedman headers. I found out when I opened everything up that the Hooker kit was designed to bolt directly to the Hooker headers that are available, no modding. I ended up just adapting the exhaust to the headers.

But like I said, that was 6 years ago and I'm not sure if the Hooker exhaust is still available.

Also, the pipes exit in the stock location, behind the rear tires. All of the kits are like this. If you want rear exits, you will have to make that part yourself... it looks like it would be easy to do.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Six years ago I bought a Hooker dual exhaust kit and Hedman headers. I found out when I opened everything up that the Hooker kit was designed to bolt directly to the Hooker headers that are available, no modding. I ended up just adapting the exhaust to the headers.

But like I said, that was 6 years ago and I'm not sure if the Hooker exhaust is still available.

Also, the pipes exit in the stock location, behind the rear tires. All of the kits are like this. If you want rear exits, you will have to make that part yourself... it looks like it would be easy to do.

Jegs and Summit sells hooker stuff.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Jegs and Summit sells hooker stuff.

Yeah, I know. But at one point in time, the exhaust kit for our trucks had been discontinued, then production started up again. When I bought mine, the kit wasn't even listed in the catalog. I had the salesman in the Jeg's store find it for me and order it.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

xicor37

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 reg cab, short bed, step side
Engine Size
355 TPI
I don't particularly care what brand they are. I just want everything to clear and it all to fit right and bolt up. I guess I'll just call jegs or summit and tell them what I want.

~Tyler

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
As far as I know, the Hooker kit is the only one that's designed to bolt up to a specific set of headers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snips71