Hard accelerator pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I fought the same issue with a 73 Chevy Beauville van, it gets hard on the leg and foot muscles on a long drive. It's not nit picky in my opinion.
No wait a second just for the record when I said a like a stiffer gas pedal I did not mean that stiff. Actually to much stiffens from a return spring can damage the throttle shaft bushings overtime, so there is that.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
No wait a second just for the record when I said a like a stiffer gas pedal I did not mean that stiff. Actually to much stiffens from a return spring can damage the throttle shaft bushings overtime, so there is that.
I have a defective right foot that seems to weigh much more that the left foot so I prefer a slightly stiffer spring than average also. Both feet seem the same when I get out of the truck.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I have a defective right foot that seems to weigh much more that the left foot so I prefer a slightly stiffer spring than average also. Both feet seem the same when I get out of the truck.
Ya, for me, I've got big and wide feet and often wear work boots. I find that with a lot of factory springs my leg will get sore from keeping the weight off my foot off the pedal, so a little stiffer spring works out well for me. But not pushing on a brisk stiff either lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84