Harbor Freight Tool/Product Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I know they were damn good back in the day. Hope they still are, but I've seen a few bad reviews on HF about them. Not many though. Sad thing is, some people expect a 1/2 in impact to take off lug nuts from an 18 wheeler and when it doesn't they give it a bad review, when clearly, you need a 3/4 in unit for those big fuggers. Some people are just stupid. Do keep us updated though. I've been ever so close to getting one in 1/2 inch. The Craftsmen one I've been using for years and years has never been all that impressive IMO, and I want something better.

I must say, I have got alot more harbor freight stuff lately than I planned on but its stuff thats going to sit on a shelf until I need it.

I got another gas powered pressure washer like my first one that got stolen and this one was only 75 bucks, its still running like a clock. My last trip there I got a bolt tumbler, 20 gallon upright compressor, HVLP paint gun, the earthquake impact gun and a benchtop polishing wheel.

So far-

Bolt tumbler: Very cool machine. I filled it with glass bead and threw some carburetor parts in it that had rust and corrosion and they came out looking brand new. Its not an instant thing, I had to leave them tumbling for several hours but still worth the money.

Compressor: So far so good, seems to have decent capacity and recovery time.

Paint gun: No use yet but stay tuned, I will find something to paint with it, maybe the gmc for a 4rth time.

DA sander: First thing I noticed is the quality appearance of it, it actually looks like a really nice pneumatic tool. I sanded on the fender of the galaxy for a few minutes and it was rockin pretty good.

Earthquake impact gun: It looks good, the construction of it looks great. I will report back on how it works, I think it will be surprisingly powerfull.

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
A guy at work left his IR in the frame of a truck bought an earthquake and seems like a good gun.
Hey Imann What's the model number on that compressor and da. I been looking at their 20 gallon compressor.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
A guy at work left his IR in the frame of a truck bought an earthquake and seems like a good gun.
Hey Imann What's the model number on that compressor and da. I been looking at their 20 gallon compressor.

I will get that info later this afternoon as well as let you know how well it runs the impact gun and DA sander, I have not tested it much.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
My ony complaint about the earthquake is that its heavy

Beatdown Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/2" Heavy Duty Composite Ratchet Pittsburgh - item#66314 $9.99 on sale.
3/8" Heavy Duty Composite Ratchet Pittsburgh - item#66313 $8.99 on sale.
!/4 drive also available in this series. All are Lifetime Warranty.

Definitely going to try out these ratchets. I hate just about all of my current ratchets(mostly craftsman) so i'm game for these cheapies. I recently used a friend's Snap-on ratchet and boy that thing was nice! I would not want to see the price tag on it though, haha.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Yea Beat you dont want to see the price on a Snappy rachet lol. I bought a 1/4 drive flexhead with the long handle and it cost me a lil over a Benji.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Definitely going to try out these ratchets. I hate just about all of my current ratchets(mostly craftsman) so i'm game for these cheapies. I recently used a friend's Snap-on ratchet and boy that thing was nice! I would not want to see the price tag on it though, haha.

Im switching all my stuff to snap on since I got a 3/8's rachet, the clicks felt so nice I had to have it. Mine was 101 bucks brand new off the truck for just a regular length 3/8's rachet. Look around on Ebay, you can get snap-on alot cheaper.

Beatdown Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea Beat you dont want to see the price on a Snappy rachet lol. I bought a 1/4 drive flexhead with the long handle and it cost me a lil over a Benji.

My buddy's ratchet was actually a 3/8" flexhead/swivel ratchet. As weird as it sounds, everytime i grab my craftsman i think about it, haha.

Good point IMan, I need to slap on a yamaka and start searching ebay for some good deals!

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
My buddy's ratchet was actually a 3/8" flexhead/swivel ratchet. As weird as it sounds, everytime i grab my craftsman i think about it, haha.

Good point IMan, I need to slap on a yamaka and start searching ebay for some good deals!

Yeah dude, just start playin with your dreidel and shop away. I find all kinds of good deals man, recently I got a wrench set that was 5/16th to 1in for around a couple hundred. Same wrenches off the truck would be over double.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I ain't lying, these HF Composite ratchets, are the best damn ratchets I've ever used. So comfy, nice tight clicks, smooth, etc. At this price, I'll be buying more and could care less if and when they break. So far I've gotten pretty heavy on the 1/2 in drive and it held up. I like the Quick Release too, and the offset is nice.

1/2 $10.29
3/8 $9.29
1/4 $8.29

You must be registered for see images attach

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I ain't lying, these HF Composite ratchets, are the best damn ratchets I've ever used. So comfy, nice tight clicks, smooth, etc. At this price, I'll be buying more and could care less if and when they break. So far I've gotten pretty heavy on the 1/2 in drive and it held up. I like the Quick Release too, and the offset is nice.

1/2 $10.29
3/8 $9.29
1/4 $8.29

I'm gonna add a couple if those to my collection too. It looks like the bigger handles would be comfortable in your hand. Thinner handles are nice for tight areas, but they hurt my hands when I get to crankin on them.

I've only been impressed with a few snap-on tools and even then not enough to spend the insane amounts of money on them. My brother has over $30,000 in snap-on stuff. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size

1/2 $10.29
3/8 $9.29
1/4 $8.29

Looks like a sex toy but I will take your word for it. :anitoof:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm gonna add a couple if those to my collection too. It looks like the bigger handles would be comfortable in your hand. Thinner handles are nice for tight areas, but they hurt my hands when I get to crankin on them.

I've only been impressed with a few snap-on tools and even then not enough to spend the insane amounts of money on them. My brother has over $30,000 in snap-on stuff. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I've got bad carpel tunnel and some arthritis in my hands, these things are great in helping to keep the pain tolerable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gage T