Harbor Freight Tool/Product Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I just bought 10 U.S.A. made ratchets off ebay but can always use some more ratchets.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I was not sure how I should feel about the picture until I made sure :rofl:.

Beatdown Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from harbor freight. Picked up the composite racthets and also found these little gems that are almost identical to the Snap-On ratchets i was talking about. They feel like they have a few less teeth than the composites, but I need to turn some bolts before passing any judgement on them.

1/4" Item# 96781 - $11.99
3/8" Item# 96782 - $13.99

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Beatdown Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These wire strippers are not a huge bargain, but they are about half the price of the identical General Electric strippers sold at The Home Depot and work just as good.

Item# 98410 - On sale for $3.99

Last edited:

Beatdown Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used this bearing separator with my 20 ton press at least 15 times to pull pinion or carrier bearings and it's still going strong. Great for the DIY'er.

Pittsburgh - Item#3979 - $29.99

Beatdown Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing I didn't buy the 1/2 inchers when i was at harbor freight. Picked up these bad boys for 5 bucks a pop today at a swap meet. Was all kinds of excited, haha.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Nice. I like those Composites. Just don't use them as a hammer. They do nick up pretty easy.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
ATV motorcycle lift

I have this ATV-2 motorcycle lift.
I have used and abused this lift on many an ocassion.At first it seemd a little unstable but not bad.After I had used it some,it seemd that it was a lot more stable than I had previousely thought,lifting My Harley Davidson FXDWG,I do`nt want to hurt My Baby,but,this lift seemes to do a nice job.
Pickin up the four wheeler is a cinch too.
It has two safety struts that can be swung downwards to catch notches cut/lifted in the main frame that makes it solid as a boulder.
The only draw back I have had with this unit is the jack,after many years it has developed a slow leak within the closing valve and so it will slowly creep down,be sure to always use them safety struts and it is,in My opinion,an excellent tool.In the last several months I have had to do several differential swaps,this lift is a life saver when it comes to that.On the rear diffs. I center the third member into the cradle of the jack then lay a 2X2 length of wood to cradle under the nose of the differential to keep it from rolling downwards,what a life saver.
On the front differentials it is a bit more,place the center of the third member onto the lifting frame of the right side,then,blocking under the axle tube,on the left side lifting frame to make it set level,the same 2X2 length of wood under the nose to keep it from rolling downwards and then drop them diffs. right out of there,
It also allows a person to roll the differential around to wherever You want it to rest,on jack stands,and move it under the differential that You want to move next.
I will get some pics. of a front differential on the lift when I get back to work on My C20,later today or tomorrow.
Did I mention "ALWAYS USE THE SAFETY STRUTS!!!!".

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-2792.html

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That's pretty cool. I never thought about using one of those for lifting an axle.

facelessnumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
This right here, 68053, is an awesome tool in every way:

It gets under and lifts anything I want it to, it's as strong, stable and even more versatile than a garage jack, and I can carry it anywhere with no effort.

Do not waste your money on this, 66783, and if you do, don't use it in your garage or on a vehicle you haven't insured.

This mother caught fire the first time I used it. I figured I'd give it a second chance, swapped it out for another one and it worked but not for more than a month.

This socket set, 69261 is good for what it is.

Normally I only buy impact sockets from Harbor Freight, knowing and accepting that their regular ones are going to break. But they have changed these up recently. They're offering lifetime warranties even, and this is one of their new sets. It lacks a few sizes but it covers all of the common ones, and is a good assortment when space matters such as in the car or carrying to the junkyard.

These... (68506)

...Are what finally got me back into the habit of wearing gloves when I work on cars. They are 7 mil thick, much higher quality than what they have at the parts store, and of course dirt cheap. I hate thick gloves because I lose all dexterity. I hate thin gloves because I rip them up in the first ten minutes of using them. These are perfect.

And this thing? Item 69694 right here?

Mother of **** dude, this trike is badass. It's overbuilt like Xena the Warrior Princess and damn near as manly. It's got like a 450 pound capacity, I would not ******** you, there's a freaking label that says so right on the back of it. Your four year old will be the baddest Mad Max mother lover on the block, and this trike will handle anything he can throw at it! Even if he weighs 449 pounds! He can sure as hell benefit from the exercise if he does. ****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkreetKilla