Greeting from VA! K30 Crewcab Dualy. Work in progress.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome and congrats on the rig!
It looks super clean and price didn’t seem bad (shipping is shipping and not like you can run down to the corner car dealer and pick out your favorite 30-40 year old clean vehicle).

Agree on trans selection. I wouldn’t do a GV or a 700r4.
If I had to swap it would be for a 4L80.
But figure out the gearing in it and future tire size and what you want out of it for a DD. Around town and country roads or 80mph down the freeway. I think if it has 3.73s and tall tires you could run a 3 speed still. Being a diesel it was probably 4.10s though otherwise it wouldn’t have had the snort to pull anything.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from Washington. Quit stealing all our good trucks! Last tranny I’d put in that thing is a 700r4. They can barely handle a blazer let alone a 9000 pound dually with a big block.
That’s what the Oregon guys said to me...lol

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Nice score. I have all the OEM BBC A/C brackets for the A6 compressor if you need them. I switched to a Sanden compressor with custom brackets that moves the compressor outboard in case you're running tall valve covers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Babs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet CUCV
Engine Size
:welcome:

Bronze Knight

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Welcome from Washington. Quit stealing all our good trucks! Last tranny I’d put in that thing is a 700r4. They can barely handle a blazer let alone a 9000 pound dually with a big block.

Believe me I was looking for another option closer to home, really did not want a Dually but all the SRW trucks I found had already sold. I’ve heard mixed things about the 700R4 and what it can handle. It’s just the extra expense and weight of the Gearvenders setup is a hard sell for me. And the 480LE needs some kind of computer.

Welcome and congrats on the rig!
It looks super clean and price didn’t seem bad (shipping is shipping and not like you can run down to the corner car dealer and pick out your favorite 30-40 year old clean vehicle).

Agree on trans selection. I wouldn’t do a GV or a 700r4.
If I had to swap it would be for a 4L80.
But figure out the gearing in it and future tire size and what you want out of it for a DD. Around town and country roads or 80mph down the freeway. I think if it has 3.73s and tall tires you could run a 3 speed still. Being a diesel it was probably 4.10s though otherwise it wouldn’t have had the snort to pull anything.

Thankyou and yes I do want to be able to do 75/80mph on the highway if i need to. The tag on the rear diff says 419 and then 456 below it. As I recall when i was looking up info the Dana 70HD could be 4.56 so that is probably what it is.

Nice score. I have all the OEM BBC A/C brackets for the A6 compressor if you need them. I switched to a Sanden compressor with custom brackets that moves the compressor outboard in case you're running tall valve covers.

I am interested in those brackets! I was planing on getting the upgraded A10 compressor from LMC when I had the money. But they say that it fits the stock brackets. I was not planing on dressing the engine up, in fact I want to get my hands on some steel/OEM valve covers because it just has a cheep chrome(rust) set of MrGasket ones on there now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theshawnR