GMSB Members Craiglist Ads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well, I've already got someone interested in it and I had just posted it for sale. I'm truly surprised. I even reiterated that the camper needs a lot of work and they are still wanting to come look at it. I had been hanging onto this thing for a while now, knowing that I didn't have time to give it the attention it deserves. If I'd have known that other people would actually see the value in it, I would have put it up for sale a while ago.
If you keep up with trends at all, you'd see that the Nomadic lifestyly is booming right now since COVID in 2020. Prices of School buses have double, damn near trippled if a diesel engine, small camp trailers, tear drops, vans, convrsion vans, Lithum batteries and solar panels, diesel heaters etc, all those items and booming sellers. People actually living in their cars ever by removing the front passenger seat and making a bed. Also, tiny homes and living off grid is also booming. People are finding land for cheap, or know people who have land and building tiny homes on it. Using rain catchment for water, solar for power, or trailers with big water tanks to truck their water in. Many aren't doing it out of necessity at this point, many are doing it because they like the idea and some are saving $hit tons of money and rat holing it. NO, I'm not the least bit surprised that little trailer will sell. Probably could have gotten closer to $600 out of it, but I'd stand on the $400 and not move an inth on the price. You'll get it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
If you keep up with trends at all, you'd see that the Nomadic lifestyly is booming right now since COVID in 2020. Prices of School buses have double, damn near trippled if a diesel engine, small camp trailers, tear drops, vans, convrsion vans, Lithum batteries and solar panels, diesel heaters etc, all those items and booming sellers. People actually living in their cars ever by removing the front passenger seat and making a bed. Also, tiny homes and living off grid is also booming. People are finding land for cheap, or know people who have land and building tiny homes on it. Using rain catchment for water, solar for power, or trailers with big water tanks to truck their water in. Many aren't doing it out of necessity at this point, many are doing it because they like the idea and some are saving $hit tons of money and rat holing it. NO, I'm not the least bit surprised that little trailer will sell. Probably could have gotten closer to $600 out of it, but I'd stand on the $400 and not move an inth on the price. You'll get it.

Still hasn't been 24 hours since I posted it and it has already sold for my $400 asking price. People were calling and texting left and right. I was honestly overwhelmed with it all. Now it's just waiting for the people to come back with a rental truck to tow it.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Now I wonder what someone might pay for our 30ft 1996 Kit travel trailer that we bought a little over a year ago for 2k. It has a bit of wood rot that needs fixed and the plumbing needs some repairs, but everything else works, even the AC. My kids would be disappointed if I sold it though.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If all you paid for it was $2000, ask $3000. I bet you'd probably get it. It's nuts what people are paying for things like this. As said, School buses are even selling for big money. You have a 2000 ish For E450 Cutaway Van school bus with a 7.3 liter diesel engine. $16 Grand is the going price right now with 200,000 miles on it. The 6.0 and 6.4 diesels since they're junk, people are paying $10K knowing they'll spend $2000 to have it bullet proofed if it still runs. People all over are doing this Nomadic lifestyle and they can do it cuz many jobs are now remote from their homes over the internet and kids can be homeschooled. There's a YouTube channel of a family of 6 living a full size 66 passenger school bus. Pretty nice renovation inside.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It's a seller's market right now Bucket!!!! :D
Thanks to Covid and Brandon it certainly is. People are exploring alternative living scenarios. Solar **** is booming right now too for all the off gridders. Land is even going up and up and up out where there's no utilities available. Another pushing up property values and is Chinese are buying up parcels of rural property for grow houses for marijuana if electricity is near by. So those who want rural property have to compete with that Chinese money and can't, so they're option is to move further out and go off grid. The country is changing as we once knew it. Some of it I like, some of it I don't. Being single, I'd live off grid in a tiny house no problem, so long as I have a big ass metal 30-60 shop. That's another thing getting popular called Barndiminums. People getting a biggo metal building for a shop and building a living quarters inside it. Some are really nice. Container homes are also getting popular because of all the freight coming from China 1 way, then the container is here not going back, so where they were about $7500-$10K 10 years ago, you can get a good one for $3000, a beat up one for $2000.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ohh and let me add, not to be one those "freaks" there's many that believe bad things could possibly happen in the country and they're wanting to be prepared for it. We're talking as in a Civil War or at least some massive civil unrest and they're wanting to go way out and not have to depend on the gubment for things like electricity, water, oil, gas, etc. They are doing things like buying old water tanker trucks. Some are storing diesel since it has a lot longer shef life than gasoline. But gas can be kept too as long as it's real gas and has the right additives. People are just freaked out. Might make a 6.2 Square more valuable these days too. That's what people are wanting. The older simple stuff they can patch up and make work for cheap. They're also afraid of electromagnetic bombs that will kill anything electrical or computer oriented so they want the older analog technology like points distributors they can swap out to if needed if they can't shield their batteries and electronics. But there is ways to shield those smaller components and people are doing it. Personally I think they're out there a bit, but hey, they'll be prepared if it does in fact happen.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I put this little guy up for sale too. I don't know if it's actually worth anything.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's one example I tripped over by accident. Not bad at all for a $10K budget. And he scored big getting his bus for $3K with a 7.3 diesel. aka the 444. Same block and heads that in the Fords, but it's everything else around the block and heads that makes it a 444 International and also more expensive. Most of the bus lifers are wanting the smaller buses like the Van Cutaway Chassis, so I'd imagine that's why he got this one cheap.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Listed my pickup for sale a few weeks back. Have only had two bites so far, both seemed not very interested and not really old vehicle people. Ie. Asked if it had a carb or EFI etc.

I'll probably be listing it on CL in some other states (thanks for the idea @Grit dog ) too just to see if there is any solid intrest elsewhere.

Let me know what you think of the post or if I'm crazy asking $13k for it. Or maybe I need to take my startup video off the post.

The wife also posted it on FB marketplace and it's gotten a LOT of attention (comments, shares etc.) there. No offers or I'm person viewings.

Thanks all!

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I don't think you are out of line on price. It's a fickle market. It takes the right buyer.
Thanks @Shorty81was actually thinking of listing it on the Ohio CL. Yea, shipping would be an added expense for the buyer and a bit of a pita for me but doable. Being 99% rust free I figured someone in the rusty states would be interested.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Listed my pickup for sale a few weeks back. Have only had two bites so far, both seemed not very interested and not really old vehicle people. Ie. Asked if it had a carb or EFI etc.

I'll probably be listing it on CL in some other states (thanks for the idea @Grit dog ) too just to see if there is any solid intrest elsewhere.

Let me know what you think of the post or if I'm crazy asking $13k for it. Or maybe I need to take my startup video off the post.

The wife also posted it on FB marketplace and it's gotten a LOT of attention (comments, shares etc.) there. No offers or I'm person viewings.

Thanks all!
Price doesn’t seem crazy. Everything softened up big time over the past month.

This is the beginning of a decent dip across all market sectors. I suspect we’ll see a slight market rebound if republicans do well in the mid-terms, but it won’t last.

I’m afraid we’ll all be riding this out until it corrects sometime q3 next year, maybe longer due to current world events.

Credit is expensive, energy is expensive, people are struggling. Not to sound like a complete a-hole, but next year will likely be the perfect time for people who are liquid to swoop on properties and durable goods.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Frankenchevy
I didn't even thing about that. Does make a lot of sense. I was thinking the latest electric vehicle deadlines and high fuel prices play a factor but those are the super obvious ones.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Credit is expensive, energy is expensive, people are struggling. Not to sound like a complete a-hole, but next year will likely be the perfect time for people who are liquid to swoop on properties and durable goods.

I think the same will happen and I can’t wait!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmattly