GM 10 Bolt Front Axle Yoke Thread Size and Pitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaK10

Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am replacing my steering knuckles and have ran into a problem. The knuckles I purchased came with the ball joint adjustment ring, which I’m replacing. Turned out to be one of “those” jobs, you know the 30 min broken bolt job that turns into 3 days.

Turns out the passenger side gave me with trouble. I dropped the knuckle but the top ball joint adjustment ring (adjustment sleeve, camber sleeve, split ring, whatever you wanna call it) was seized and the four “prongs” were rounded over. Long story short, I torched it out but I need to chase the threads (scarring from prying out the old). To clarify, these are the threads that are on each of the upper axle yokes that the upper ball joint slides into.

My question is: what size tap for these threads?

I do know that it’s a 12 pitch (have thread gauges and calipers) but not sure of the diameter due to the split ring being sized smaller than the actual hole. My plan odd to borrow one from my local machine shop but I need to know the diameter of the axle yoke. I also read somewhere that it’s a 1-1/8” día but can anyone confirm this?

GaK10

Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Confirmed.
1-1/8” 12NF
Not tapered

Latest posts