getting stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Steering brakes!!! Lock the spinning wheel in your case. But usually for making unreasonably tight turns.Skid steer style,pull locks right rear,push locks left rear. Or hillbilly style, Cut the right rear parking brake cable,plug the left rear brake line.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-05_073214.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-05_073214.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 28

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
im just afraid of busting the axles and i dont wanna buy c clip eliminators but may have to invest some moola into a gear locker and c clip eliminators. i hate breaking axles always happens in a bad spot also chewing up tires is not what i like .....
Don't get a full time locker, get a Detroit TruTrac or some other kind of posi unit. That way they'll only lock when needed/on the power.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Steering brakes!!! Lock the spinning wheel in your case. But usually for making unreasonably tight turns.Skid steer style,pull locks right rear,push locks left rear. Or hillbilly style, Cut the right rear parking brake cable,plug the left rear brake line.
hahaha that'll work hahahaha

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Old VW bugs had that built in every car. The parking brake between the front seats had two cables, one for each rear wheel. Easy to pop off the cable for the wheel with traction, pull the handle and stop the spinning wheel.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Old VW bugs had that built in every car. The parking brake between the front seats had two cables, one for each rear wheel. Easy to pop off the cable for the wheel with traction, pull the handle and stop the spinning wheel.
Baja bugs allot had Turning brakes from Scat aftermarket. Maybe there still around. Speaking of vw. I remember opening the front bonnet of a 71 bug and found the window squirter was run off of the air pressure from the spare tire?!!? WTF lol
I Got a good laugh.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Baja bugs allot had Turning brakes from Scat aftermarket. Maybe there still around. Speaking of vw. I remember opening the front bonnet of a 71 bug and found the window squirter was run off of the air pressure from the spare tire?!!? WTF lol
I Got a good laugh.
Lots of companies made steering brakes primarily for off road use. Don't remember Scat making them. Jamar, CNC,Wilwood,and some that just put 2 more handles on the stock ebrake handle. 1 for left 1 for right middle still worked for part. But actually the washer bottle running off of spare tire air pressure is freaking slick. The hose from the spare tire to the washer bottle has a valve in it,at certain pressure your washers will no longer work,so you don't run your spare flat. When I build my new place I'm going to use the same type system,air compressor to pressurize the water tank. But where I live you have to haul and store water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1