Gauge light sockets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
To my pleasant surprise when I woke up this morning I had an email from LMC saying they had shipped my backordered tach conversion kit. I promptly ordered the remaining gauges and whatnot to complete the cluster refresh instead of that case of 7.62 I'd been eyeballing, though I may regret that since import has been banned... The one issue now is finding the cluster light sockets. LMC doesn't list them and I am missing several from my original cluster. I recall possibly having seen something about this on the forum before, but as usual the search function disappoints. Does anyone have a source for these little suckers? Thanks in advance!

You must be registered for see images attach

94_6SpeedZ

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I got new ones from Rock Auto. There are two sizes available, 1/2 inch or 5/8 inch. My 1976 had the 5/8 inch ones. You just have to measure the diameter of the holes.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I just finished redoing my cluster aswell and thought I was short two myself and forgot that there is one for the 4x4 if yours is a 4x4 and another one for the ashtray with that optical cord attached to it Still in the truck.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Thanks to you both. Mine is a short wide 2wd and I honestly can't recall where the fiberoptic light plugged in though it is in the truck.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Mine plugged into just to the left of the speedo looking at the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes