Gauge Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
i dont see why not

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
If you don't win the one noted above, let me know. I still have this and you can have it for a good price - certainly less than (51 + 23) 74 dollars:

You must be registered for see images attach

I know how much you hate going over the bridge - but I get down either to (or near) the Cape fairly often.

It only has OEM backlighting - i.e no LED's.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Daaaaamn i will buy that if he doesn't need it. All mine have quit working except the gas gauge and not having water temp and oil pressure isn't ideal lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
You must be living right!

I have box full of OEM gauges (new ones)- just tell me what you need (water temp & oil pressure I guess) and they are yours.

Just pay the shipping; giving all this stuff away is starting to get $$$ due to boxes and postage. Seriously probably won't cost more than $10.

Let me know.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears

I have box full of OEM gauges (new ones)- just tell me what you need (water temp & oil pressure I guess) and they are yours.

Just pay the shipping; giving all this stuff away is starting to get $$$ due to boxes and postage. Seriously probably won't cost more than $10.

Let me know.

have any spare clear covers?:)

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Let me know.

Problem is idk if it's the actual gauges or the shiney whatchamacallits on the back of the cluster. I had the cluster out awhile back and said whatchamacallits were all crinkled. Temp gauge moves but only comes up to about 80* or so. Oil pressure stays pegged in the 5 o'clock position. Speedo doesn't work but I think that's a cable issue. I have the new cable I just haven't replaced it yet. Clock looses time but that doesn't matter to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zack

Reaction score
First Name
zack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 25
Engine Size
Would that cluster fit a 78 k25?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Would that cluster fit a 78 k25?

I am certainly no expert, but I believe that the bezels are different from 80 (down to 73). And I think the bezel has to match the bucket to fit properly.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
So these clusters have a mechanical oil pressure gauge, right?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
No, these instrument panels only use indicators for oil pressure.

Use of an actual Bourdon tube style pressure gauge would require a sensing line. It would have to be lead from the engine, through the firewall and under the dash to the cluster.

It is much cheaper (and safer) to convert the actual oil pressure to a variable electrical signal with the use of an engine mounted transducer (the oil pressure sender). That way, instead of a tube connected to the engine's oil system, only one wire is required to drive the indicator.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ok, because my oil pressure gauge on the dash doesnt work, but the PO put in another one which he added down lower on the dash, screwed to the bottem. That ones a mechanical, so i'd have to get the electrical one (I know what your talking about) and run a wire for it to work?

Thanks!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I would imagine the wire (from the sender to the dash) for the original factory equipped oil pressure gauge still exists - that is if the truck came with gauges.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
If the truck did not come with full factory gauges - just a low oil pressure warning light:

The wire on the engine side of the firewall will be there (but it will be folded up in the harness loom and have no connector on the end).

The wire that would run from the firewall up to the dash (on a truck with factory gauges) will not exist. That one you will have to run yourself.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
The biggest problem will be trying to plug a non-gauge wiring harness into a gauge style instrument cluster. There will be a certain amount of re-pinning involved. And not just as regards the oil pressure gauge. Several of the contacts/pins are in different positions.

In the case of the oil pressure gauge for example; if you plugged a gauge cluster into the harness connector for a truck equipped for a non-gauge cluster, the oil pressure gauge sensing leg would be connected to one of the power supply leads:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gage T