Fuel tank relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Has anyone taken the dual tanks on a crew cab and moved them forward to under the cab. I'm thinking of putting a flatbed on with boxes on the sides and don't really want to go to a suburban tank. Should just need to drill holes in the frame and move them forward right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Has anyone taken the dual tanks on a crew cab and moved them forward to under the cab. I'm thinking of putting a flatbed on with boxes on the sides and don't really want to go to a suburban tank. Should just need to drill holes in the frame and move them forward right?

Do the crews have the indent in the bottom of the cab like regular cabs to even move the tanks up there or are the cab floors flat like a Burb or Blazer?

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Do the crews have the indent in the bottom of the cab like regular cabs to even move the tanks up there or are the cab floors flat like a Burb or Blazer?
Been a long time since we had our 91 c3500 crew cab dually, but my belief is that the indentation is only below the rear bench seat.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Been a long time since we had our 91 c3500 crew cab dually, but my belief is that the indentation is only below the rear bench seat.
And you want to go to the front seats with the tanks?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That was more or less the plan

I m thinking the floor isn't raise like it is in a single cab. I thought the CC had front floors like a Blazer or Burb......flat and that's why the tank went to the rear. But I've been wrong before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HectorGarcia415