Fuel sending unit wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwilhite1

Reaction score
First Name
bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
My 86 K10 only feeds from the right tank, so I dropped the left tank to drain it, replace the sending unit, and inspect it to begin trouble shooting. When I lowered the tank, this is what I've got for wiring. Having not done this before, I wasn't sure if it's supposed to be like this.

In the picture, the wire with the blue arrow (pink/white) is powering the sending unit and the two red-circled wires were plugged together. I did consult a wiring diagram from another forum and the wire powering the sending unit, is supposed to be pink/white. The tanks indicate normally, so I'm assuming it's OK, but just wanted to check with the experts here (looking at you, Chengny) before buttoning everything back up.

Thanks!

Attachments

• fuel tank wires_Ink_LI.jpg
    fuel tank wires_Ink_LI.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 128

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Yes that looks okay. It is really supposed to go:

1. Pink from the dash to the female connector circled in red

2. The pink with the male connector (circled in red) is just an extension cord that is long enough to run over to the tank switching valve

3. Then, two wires come out from the Pollak valve and go to their respective senders (PNK/BLK to the auxiliary tank and PNK/WHT to the production tank). They switch along with the plumbing when the dash button is pressed:

You must be registered for see images attach

bwilhite1

Reaction score
First Name
bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Yes that looks okay. It is really supposed to go:

1. Pink from the dash to the female connector circled in red

2. The pink with the male connector (circled in red) is just an extension cord that is long enough to run over to the tank switching valve

3. Then, two wires come out from the Pollak valve and go to their respective senders (PNK/BLK to the auxiliary tank and PNK/WHT to the production tank). They switch along with the plumbing when the dash button is pressed:

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks. I couldn't tell if this had been altered or not. It works fine, so I'm going to leave it.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Thanks. I couldn't tell if this had been altered or not. It works fine, so I'm going to leave it.

That's it!

I generally try to adhere to the old adage that "You don't need to go looking for trouble, it always finds you"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare