fuel pressure gauge failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Turbo4whl,
What the hell did he have against performance trucks? Jealous? Did he ever show any interest in what you had done to your ride, or was he just being a stickler about giving tickets for non offences?

I'm building up phsych to change out my fuel pressure gauge. Redhorse sent me an email today that my fittings were going to arrive early, Friday. Yea! Even though the two fittings I have on the existing hoses are of the good kind I can use, now.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
@Turbo4whl,
What the hell did he have against performance trucks? Jealous? Did he ever show any interest in what you had done to your ride, or was he just being a stickler about giving tickets for non offences?

Don't have an answer for you.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I did the testing that Autometer told me I needed to do and as it turns out the isolator is what was bad, but since I didn't know it I think the gauge was damaged in the process. But since the isolator and gauge were put in at the same time they've both been in the truck for 25 years.

You must be registered for see images attach
Fuel pressure gauge hooked up directly to fuel pump. This isn't right.
The fuel pressure gauge on the fuel "Y" block. This is what it should be reading.
Isolator apart.
On close inspection this is what I found, a split in the diaphragm. I'll have to get another one. And with 7.5 to 8 lbs. pushing on this split gas was spueing into the hose going up inside the cab, and anti-freeze leaking into the fuel side of the isolator when the engine was shut off. Not a good situation especially since the isolator is what is supposed to keep raw gasoline being in the cab.

Grumpy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Everything has a life span, except death, taxes and apparently my ex-wife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell