Front end stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
So the axle end doesn't stick out enough to let you get the snap ring on?

That problem sounds familiar, but I think I was able to just juggle things around a little and get it to move out and get more clearance. As you torque it down I assume the axle would stick out even more, so I'm not sure if loosening it would give more clearance. However, you may need to just loosen it all again and see if something moves enough to allow the snap ring to go on.

Did you replace the rear seal on the hub, and also make sure it was fully seated in the hub? I think it would press into place further as you torqued the hub down, but maybe not.

Bruce

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think is a bearing/race tolorance issue. As in, not machined correctly, not necessarily an installation error.

It's a common fitment issue and you can even run without that clip installed. Every time you turn the steering wheel, the axle shaft naturally locates itself where it's supposed to be anyway. Iirc, some trucks didn't even have those clips when new. I don't remember what model years or hub design they were.

Croc1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
The oil seal on the back of the hub i just put in flush with top, was it supposed to be pushed in more?
And put it in the flat side of seal facing towards the axle
Is that the wrong way?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Croc1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
After taking it apart 3 times I'm rolling without the c clip
Also those sockets for the hub nuts complete junk RIP the tabs off right away
But I made one with part of an old telepost and welder. Thanks for the tips guys it's always appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dave84