Ford Trash Talk Thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I absolutely hate hood prop rods, But they are safer than a gas shock support.
Was my first thought. Strut support works fine until you’re wrestling with some part, cussing it out, wrench slips, elbow whacks the ingenious pvc support and hood whacks you in the back of the head…. All by the time you get half the word “Fuu….” Out of your mouth!

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Was removing a battery for a friend in a Volvo. Don't know what year it was at all because I don't care about new junk. Anyways guessing 2004. And on one of the emissions hoses I think, right next to battery said in the nice cursive" Fomoco" I laughed my a$$ off and wondered wtf. Is ford in bed with Volvo? Fugures because I don't like Volvos and ford's alike. I like older BMWs just fine.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Was removing a battery for a friend in a Volvo. Don't know what year it was at all because I don't care about new junk. Anyways guessing 2004. And on one of the emissions hoses I think, right next to battery said in the nice cursive" Fomoco" I laughed my a$$ off and wondered wtf. Is ford in bed with Volvo? Fugures because I don't like Volvos and ford's alike. I like older BMWs just fine.
IIRC, 2000 was the last year they were made in Sweden. Yes Ford was in the mix for a while.

I think the C30 shared some parts with the focus among other stuff.

rusted nuts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
4cly diesel
Was my first thought. Strut support works fine until you’re wrestling with some part, cussing it out, wrench slips, elbow whacks the ingenious pvc support and hood whacks you in the back of the head…. All by the time you get half the word “Fuu….” Out of your mouth!
I had a good ford one time,,,, But I never drove it,, l just sat in a chair n looked at it,,,, Then I got new glasses

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I have a friend who was working on a car with hood struts, hood was open and he had to get down on the ground for something he reached up on the core support with his right hand to pull himself back up and the hood slammed shut shattering his wrist into a million pieces. 4 years later it's held together with plates and screws and he has about 50% motion in it. He's no longer a mechanic.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Some Camaros are killers. My neighbors 92 almost got me. Killed my clipboard though dangit.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
This is why long beds rule....
I could have easily hauled this in my CCLB and still been able to see out the back. He didn't have enough bungee cords either, hopefully he doesn't have far to go.

Attachments

• IMG_20230901_183517558_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230901_183517558_HDR.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 44

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I could have easily hauled this in my CCLB and still been able to see out the back. He didn't have enough bungee cords either, hopefully he doesn't have far to go.
I couldn't agree more. For many years my only truck was a 92' Dakota, and I had a little utility trailer. When the farm was small it was okish and I liked the truck well enough, but as the farm got bigger it just got impossible. I bought a tractor and needed a flat bed trailer to haul it on and had nothing to tow it with. I had nothing to haul a ton of feed in ect. Hence the square. C20 long bed. When I bought the Dakota in 02' it was appropriate for my life at the time, but not for my current life, the C20 is much better.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I'm impressed he was able to get that brick column in there,and balance it with those concrete barriers.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Thats why i only buy long beds! I want my truck for truck stuff!!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I'm impressed he was able to get that brick column in there,and balance it with those concrete barriers.
That brick column is actually part of the parking garage adjacent to the Costco. Guy was getting a bunch of patio furniture.
And the "truck" really bounced every time the guy got in or out of it, and he couldn't shut the tailgate!

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Those f150s are aluminum now. Super lame imo and they get blown off the road all the time lol. I've seen videos of gravel or Rocks Goin through the bed lol

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Those f150s are aluminum now. Super lame imo and they get blown off the road all the time lol. I've seen videos of gravel or Rocks Goin through the bed lol
Yeah remember that commercial where they dropped the toolbox in the bed? I could prolly drop my plastic toolbox in a tin can sedan and it'd dent the bed.....

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
My brother came up with this one:
Fix Or Recall Daily .....
My former boss was on the list for a Rivian; then when they took a while to get out, he got his deposit back and got on the list for a Lightning. I haven't talked to him since last year, so I don't know if he ever got one. I have actually seen more of the Matchbox toy one(and it's one of the harder to find in the stores ones) than the real trucks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef