Ford Trash Talk Thread lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Who got rid of the spring hood hindges is what i want to know. They're genius, they never go bad, no prop rod in your way. Why they stopped using them is a mystery to me.
Another example of getting rid of something that worked perfect to replace it with something that doesnt. Like gas can pour spouts.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
My dad always has a baby pair of vice grips handy under the edge of the driver's seat for this problem lol. On pickup canopies I usually use a piece of packaging pipe to hold it up. Like this

Attachments

• 20230606_163603.jpg
    20230606_163603.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 53

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Who got rid of the spring hood hindges is what i want to know. They're genius, they never go bad, no prop rod in your way. Why they stopped using them is a mystery to me.
Another example of getting rid of something that worked perfect to replace it with something that doesnt. Like gas can pour spouts.
These are my thoughts exactly. I've only seen one spring malfunction and that was on a GMT-800. It shot off into the engine bay when I closed the hood. I wound it back up, and reinstalled it. It's never come off since. I'm not sure what made it jump off in the first place.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
You guys might be looking at this from the wrong angle. What if the whole purpose of FORD was to promote religion? Think about it, every Ford owner has an added incentive to pray on a regular basis.

Last edited:

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
I love hood springs, Chevy had them longest I think. And I know dodge did longer than ford lol

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I think it was the automakers trying to save weight and manufacturing costs wherever possible....

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You guys might be looking at this from the wrong angle. What if the whole purpose of FORD was to promote religion? Think about it, every Ford owner has an added incentive to pray on a regular basis.
But we prefer to keep religion and politics out of the discussions soooo.... :lol:

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
But we prefer to keep religion and politics out of the discussions soooo.... :lol:
I didn't think anyone here was so fragile that they would be triggered by using the word "religion" fictionally in a string of humorous words. Is humor now classified as a discussion? If I mention praying to the car gods that my Ford gets me home is that considered a religious discussion? Are we not allowed to do the "A pope a priest and a hooker walk into a bar" jokes any more? Is "we" a group of people or is it a pronoun? Using proper nomenclature in this new and confusing era of humanity is way less fun that it used to be.

Are you smiling right now because you get the subtle humor, or are you seriously bothered because you confused a humorous statement with a discussion? I'm 90% sure you were sharing subtle humor, and 10% that the wife pissed you off and you're flexing your authority to help make yourself feel like you're in charge of something. LOL If you were married to MY ex-wife I would swap the 90-10 ratio for 10-90.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well, to answer your long concern, I guess you did eventually figure it out, by the statement you made, " I'm 90% sure you were sharing sublte humor, " YES !!! I actually made it a point to add the :lol: in hopes that made my statement crystal clear as to be taken as subtle humor. However, it also a fact we do prefer to leave religion and politics out of discussion. We're here to be friends and share common likes, as in Squarebodies. Some people are shallow to the point that if you don't agree 100% with them on every matter, every subject and have everything in common, then they can't be friends or they continue on and on and on about trying to change your mind or who you are. I'll tell you right now, no one and I mean no one will change me so no need it wasting your time, especially if you're trying to spill your brainwash on me. So it's just easier to leave those sensitive subjects alone. In this case above it wasn't a scolding it was in fact intended to be humor. We are not uptight around here to the point if a religion or political statement is made, the forum is going to burn down and someone is getting the axe. If you want to lean that way, go for it, but let's hope the conversation gets back on track within a post or two and everyone here will live happily ever after. Hope that all makes sense.

rusted nuts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
4cly diesel
Well, to answer your long concern, I guess you did eventually figure it out, by the statement you made, " I'm 90% sure you were sharing sublte humor, " YES !!! I actually made it a point to add the :lol: in hopes that made my statement crystal clear as to be taken as subtle humor. However, it also a fact we do prefer to leave religion and politics out of discussion. We're here to be friends and share common likes, as in Squarebodies. Some people are shallow to the point that if you don't agree 100% with them on every matter, every subject and have everything in common, then they can't be friends or they continue on and on and on about trying to change your mind or who you are. I'll tell you right now, no one and I mean no one will change me so no need it wasting your time, especially if you're trying to spill your brainwash on me. So it's just easier to leave those sensitive subjects alone. In this case above it wasn't a scolding it was in fact intended to be humor. We are not uptight around here to the point if a religion or political statement is made, the forum is going to burn down and someone is getting the axe. If you want to lean that way, go for it, but let's hope the conversation gets back on track within a post or two and everyone here will live happily ever after. Hope that all makes sense.
Well now,, That clears that up... I think...LOL!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well now,, That clears that up... I think...LOL!!
Can't be to certain these days. But I refuse to walk on egg shells to avoid hurting those with the ever so sensitive feelings.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
At my buddys shop they used vicegrips on the struts to keep the hoods up. Every hood strut should use these for safety
I've done this for years, but learned a new trick. I'll go take pics.brb. plain old pvc pipe, cut to the right length. You raise the hatch,the pipe slides down and wedges itself behind the strut body. Lift it up slip the pipe back a 1/2 an inch and your strut can compress again.. I got side tracked search engine put me here trying to find info on using gas cartridges instead of springs on my 75k hood.

Attachments

• 20230708_114529.jpg
    20230708_114529.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230708_114531.jpg
    20230708_114531.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230708_114453.jpg
    20230708_114453.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I've done this for years, but learned a new trick. I'll go take pics.brb. plain old pvc pipe, cut to the right length. You raise the hatch,the pipe slides down and wedges itself behind the strut body. Lift it up slip the pipe back a 1/2 an inch and your strut can compress again.. I got side tracked search engine put me here trying to find info on using gas cartridges instead of springs on my 75k hood.

Dude, this is genius. I'm going to explore a way to adapt this to the hood lock on my Corvette.

That big clamshell hood could kill you on a windy day. GM made several revisions to the hood support, and ended up with something similar, but not retrofittable.