Ford FUSION rental car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I helped by buddy return his rental the other day. A 2017? Ford fusion.

I drove it 10 miles maybe?
Very, very easy to say that was the single worst driving experience of MY LIFE. I always wondered why new cars dont even last 10 years anymore, but now I know! I can t believe there are SO MANY people that buy them?! You can't buy a FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLAR truck anymore that's gonna run for 10 years!
Mind you, I worked as a professional auto mechanic for at least twelve years straight...I have some experience.

I could not imagine feeling more uncertain in a car. I was in fear for my life inside of that death trap. No faith.

Six speed auto? What? You're not ready to downshift from 6th to second? at 40 miles an hour? .hm smooth!
Wtf I was in 6th gear? WHY? Nobody told me!
How do I hold 3rd? The twisty knob only says D. It didn't have a key...bad sign.
There is no shift lever? ITS A KNOB. What cold possibly go wrong? No confidence and we're not moving.
A **** HAIR'S throttle is all that is electronically required, there is no cable involved. DONT MASH THE THROTTLE! I can t even tell I'm giving it gas! Don't blip it either, it don't do that. What a terrible thing!
holy f*ck.
Automatic everything and it wouldn't stop beeping!
Climate control? ******* stop! Turn off!
Wtf? How am I supposed to READ THIS SCREEN WHILE I DRIVE? Aim is a better description.
******* piece of plastic hippy ****.
Go away!
Go save your own goddamned planet. Recycled bunch of water bottles on wheels.Nasty two tones wack ******** ain't got no class!

I'm warning you. New cars are not cars at all. They are made of broken lawn furniture. And computers. And have tiny engines that are scarier than your V8.
But they get really good gas mileage?
I do NOT feel safe. There is no substance there.

Never.
Ever.
Will I own something like that.
There is nothing about a 2017 Ford fusion that I do not HATE.
Trucks cost FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS? And you bought one.

You can have my 42 year old 4x4 when you pry it from my cold dead fingers .

Tell em,

[yt]Mlwj-MU4MP0[/yt]

Attachments

• IMG_20170502_185047.jpg
    IMG_20170502_185047.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Your concerned about 6 speeds? There's 10 speed autos out now coming out in GM and Ford cars and trucks. Not sure if you're aware but GM and Ford are in bed together on transmission now. Only difference is bellhousings, and splines on the input and output shafts otherwise the same transmissions. 9 Speed is coming out for Front Wheel Drive GM and Ford cars next. The 6 speeds don't even have a 1:1 ratio. They've got 2 overdrives. This had to be done to make that many gears without adding another set of planets and have the 1st through 4th ratios they wanted.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I heard about an 8 speed in a gm truck..

I had no idea these types of things go on. I sure am glad I don't fix cars for a living anymore. I bailed in 2005. **** OBD2, I ain't fixing that ****.

I am disgusted!
More so than usual - which says a lot.

Last edited:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I helped by buddy return his rental the other day. A 2017? Ford fusion.

I drove it 5 miles maybe?
Very, very easy to say that was the single worst driving experience of MY LIFE.
Mind you, I worked as a professional auto mechanic for at least twelve years straight.

I could not imagine feeling more uncertain about a car. I was in fear for my life inside of that death trap.

Six speed auto? What? You're not ready to downshift from 6th to second? at 40 miles an hour? .hm smooth!
Wtf I was in 6th gear? WHY? Nobody told me!
How do I hold 3rd? The twisty knob only says D.
There is no shift level? ITS A KNOB. What cold possibly go wrong?
A **** HAIR'S throttle is all that is electronically required, there is no cable involved. DONT MASH THE THROTTLE! I can t even tell I'm giving it gas! Don't blip it either, it don't do that. What a terrible thing!
holy f*ck.
Automatic everything and it wouldn't stop beeping!
Climate control? ******* stop! Turn off!
Wtf? How am I supposed to READ THIS SCREEN WHILE I DRIVE? Aim is a better description.
******* piece of plastic hippy ****.
Go away!
Go da e your own goddamned planet. Recycled bunch of water bottles on wheels.Nasty two tones wack ******** wheels.

I'm warning you. New cars are not cars at all. They are made of broken lawn furniture. And computers. And have tiny engines that are scarier than your V8.
But they get really good gas mileage?
I do NOT feel safe. There is no substance there.

Never.
Ever.
Will I own something like that.
There is nothing about a 2017 Ford fusion that I do not HATE.

You can have my 42 year old 4x4 when you pry it from my cold dead fingers .

Tell em, HATE!

[yt]82zxFC031S4[/yt]

Ha, amen! Something that technologically intricate is above what most people know about and can work on so you're at the mercy of the manufacturer in something like that. You're not in control of it even though you bought it, and you'll always have to keep paying the stealership when it needs maintenance. Your second opinions are very limited, and it eliminates most price competition. To me, that's like not even owning it. The auto manufacturers have propagated the thought process of status symbolism in having the newest car, and they've somehow gotten a lot of people to think that new cars are superior to older ones. They do make more power with less displacement from the factory, but the rest is just ********. They have the SRS in sixteen different places and the morbidly obese door pillars because if you're in a rollover or crash situation, it's like driving 60 MPH in an oversized Nestle water bottle. You've got a PCM, a separate TCM, and a BCM at the least. Some cars have mini-computers and control modules for everything under the sun. They all look like trash. Super high rear profiles, windows that should be in a pressurized jetliner, not to mention ridiculously high windowsills, cheap single color interiors, and razor thin sheet metal where not enshrouded in plastic. Drive by wire was a mistake from the get go. A throttle cable does not have a pedal position sensor that could short out or an electronic butterfly actuator in the throttle body to burn out. It's all just an advancement of manufacturer planned obsolescence.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Oh yeah, the blind spots!!! R u serious? Don't they sit in these while they're designing them?
Hay wtf. Let me out of this pile!
So scary. And shiny...

[yt]6LTeFL6XpTk[/yt]

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I do not know if they will last long term time wise, but they can handle the miles. My current daily is a 2013 Sonic. It is nice on fuel(45mpg with 1.4 turbo engine) and has few more comfort features. My only complaint is the electronic throttle programming. It does not allow minor rev match on downshifts(6 speed manual). It is fine during spirited driving when rev match is really useful, but does nothing at lower rpms. My previous was 1992 Stealth that I actually converted to obd2. It worked better with rev matching, but at 220k miles, the transmission needed a rev match or it wouldn't work very well. Now on trucks, I found 6 speed auto to be verry annoying. Downshift to 4th at every hill gets annoying, just don't see the clutches lasting very long with constant shifting. And the engine start/stop feature seems questinable, even if the claim that new and improved materials are being used in the bearings

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Are we forgetting electric steering? And auto park? New cars take the road feel out of cars to geteveryone used to auto drive.....I got out in 2005 as well on the dealership level once every system had its own ECM. Why a door latch needs to talk to the trans via the CAN-bus system is beyond me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx