Flatbeds in pa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
1979, 1983
Truck Model
k25, c20
Engine Size
350 nv3500, 6.2TD th400
What do you have to do to put a flatbed on you're square as far as legal stuff? Modified title? Different insurance? R title? My trucks a 3/4 ton if that matters. Help?

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
In Kansas you don't have to do anything. :shrug: Just make sure you have the proper lights and mudflaps.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Legal lighting and reflectors, mechanically sound for inspection. Probably will have to run mud flaps to keep the cops off your ass. I ran large ones in the back and hung shorter ones in front of the wheel to keep **** off the back of the cab. I made a few back in the late 80's/early 90's out of all lumber. Not sure if that would fly these days or not.

If you make it wider than the cab you will need forward facing i.d. lights/reflectors on the front of the bed.

83swb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
83'
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
Around here as long as you've got tail lights, some sort of mudflap, and it doesn't look like it'll fall apart doing highway speeds you shouldn't have any problems... Not sure if PA is any different though

adriner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
1979, 1983
Truck Model
k25, c20
Engine Size
350 nv3500, 6.2TD th400
Legal lighting and reflectors, mechanically sound for inspection. Probably will have to run mud flaps to keep the cops off your ass. I ran large ones in the back and hung shorter ones in front of the wheel to keep **** off the back of the cab. I made a few back in the late 80's/early 90's out of all lumber. Not sure if that would fly these days or not.

If you make it wider than the cab you will need forward facing i.d. lights/reflectors on the front of the bed.

So same insurance as a stock 3/4 and no title mods?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1