first K5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J'sfirstk5

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
HI there I have a 86 k5 that I need some help with has a supposedly 7 1/2 inch suspension lift and three inch body. It has the original 700r trans and drive shafts. The rear diff was angled correctly but the shaft barely fits so of I flex it would come off , the front is just to short and I see even if I extend it its going to hit the exhaust. Has no t case drop and I was thinking on putting a th350 that I have into it because when I turn the truck on I feel like the trans is making a really weird noise or maybe even the t- case but i do still have to change the trans because it doesn't go into reverse and ain't switching the gears. If any one could help me I would gladly appreciate it and please bare with me it's my first K5 and I want to do everything right. THANKS

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Tom Woods may have something for a shaft or you could go local with a custom shaft

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep, longer shafts needed. The y-pipe will just need to be modified/re-routed or install a set of headers and duals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strokedK15