Filler hose for STEPSIDE very badly needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
I DESPERATELY need a filler hose assembly for my 81 STEPSIDE truck. It has to be confirmed as removed from a STEPSIDE truck or else I cannot use it. I have even been to junkyards that are ACRES large, and they have no stepsides at alll. Anyone out there have this super rare item that no truck restoration company makes?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Got a pic of yours? Does it have hard bends in it or something? Try looking around on MSC and Grainger for flexible rubber hose in the diameter you need. Maybe even look around parts store shelf somewhere or a tractor supply for the universal ribbed flexible radiator type hose. Also look around hydraulic hose shops.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
I called Classic Truck Parts and they said they had to discontinue them due to fitting issues. I got a possible lead on a NOS one just a few minutes ago and am awaiting confirmation on it now. If this does not pan out I will attempt to find something called universal fuel hose that I have heard exists somewhere.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I took one to a muffler shop and had it repaired one time....still in use after 10 years. How bad off is yours?
pics?

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I'll watch, the local u-pull-it gets in stepsides every so often.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
I took one to a muffler shop and had it repaired one time....still in use after 10 years. How bad off is yours?
pics?

How bad is mine? Well..it is completely NONEXISTANT, which is pretty bad! I took off the old one which was pretty ratty and it mysteriously disappeared from my yard shortly therafter. However I found a NOS one today and have bought it to be shipped to me. Thanks for the help to all who replied!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I know this is gonna be zero help but...

At the race I saw one of the better street class trucks (which was stepside) had his bed hinged, like a dump. He would raise the front of the bed, and unscrew a metal threaded pipe cap from the metal tube stub that sticks up off the tank, maybe 1-1/2" to 2" diameter cap, maybe a little bigger, to fill his tank. Might want to look into something like that to get you through for the meantime, till you can get something rigged up. Not the hinged bed part but a screw-on cap.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
I know this is gonna be zero help but...

At the race I saw one of the better street class trucks (which was stepside) had his bed hinged, like a dump. He would raise the front of the bed, and unscrew a metal threaded pipe cap from the metal tube stub that sticks up off the tank, maybe 1-1/2" to 2" diameter cap, maybe a little bigger, to fill his tank. Might want to look into something like that to get you through for the meantime, till you can get something rigged up. Not the hinged bed part but a screw-on cap.

I was just about to that point. My filler hose was missing before I had the new motor installed, and I could not find one. So I have been driving around with folded plastic wrapping zip-tied over the gas tank holes. When I fill up at the gas station I have to climb into the back (no floor wood yet) and remove the plastic to fill up. Not the safest thing, but that is why I looked until I found the correct one. Soon this nightmare oddessy quest will be finally OVER.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Be sure to update this thread when you get your NOS one in the mail and installed. We'll wait to handle the thread till we know you have one in your possession and it works.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I made one for mine. I used a fleetside hose, a steel coupler (pipe would work), and a section of a lower radiator hose from an '89 V6 Celebrity. That was for a passenger side tank. A driver side tank might require a different radiator hose.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
Bucket, I also found a NOS passenger side filler hose in my quest that might fit your truck. But I have to hand it to you for your ingenuity in creating a makeshift filler hose!

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Off topic, but....

Can you PLEASE make your sig pic smaller???? Every thread you post in is completely screwed up when I browse from my phone I have to scroll wayyyyy over to see the posts..

thanks!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado