Fender emblem Paint color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I went out and just stuck it in the holes. Not permanent but just sitting in there to see what it looks like. Put it into the sun side. Man it really pops against that green! I love it. Looks amazing. So glad I didn't just pop them back in full and faded.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dysco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Like a previous post said, and showed, the emblems for a 80 silverado should be a light gold color, not yellow, however various aftermarket emblems as well as people who have painted them yellow sort of add to the confusion. If you like the yellow, and as you say, it's not a show truck, then not many people would know the difference anyway. Looks good to me with the green. Go Packers!

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Like a previous post said, and showed, the emblems for a 80 silverado should be a light gold color, not yellow, however various aftermarket emblems as well as people who have painted them yellow sort of add to the confusion. If you like the yellow, and as you say, it's not a show truck, then not many people would know the difference anyway. Looks good to me with the green. Go Packers!
Yes like I said and the pics show, mine was more gold. I know it's not correct. This yellow has a slight gold tint to it but not gold like it was. Had I cared that much I would of spent the $20 on the emblem paint or tried to custom mix some gold for a top coat. I seriously considered the later, but I would not have a way to control it as well and feared the color may vary as the paint dries fast and or not match side to side.

Last edited:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Yellow looks good on the green.

Shouldn't your screen name be 80GeenK10 :shrug:

Just wondering when I saw a pic of your truck.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yellow looks good on the green.

Shouldn't your screen name be 80GeenK10 :shrug:

Just wondering when I saw a pic of your truck.
That's kind of a joke. I have a dry sense of humor. I still will call it my "Brown truck". When I joined, it still was brown. It was two times Silverado. It was brown and gold like the Fall Guy's truck. I pulled the trim and had the guy weld up the trim holes and paint it green. I have never been a fan of that trim. It always looked cheap to me even when new and straight. It's also a place for the rust to start as those clips rattle around in the body and expose the bare metal and then the trim holds crap like dirt leaves and pine straw against the truck and it stays moist. Most of the worst rust spots I had started at the trim holes.

So that's the long answer why it's green.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here it is at the guy who painted it's shop getting ready for paint .

I didn't feel like going farther back through my pictures to find one how it looked before this step.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok, sobi had some "metallic gold" Rust-Oleum spray paint from a different project. I decided to paint the other one that gold to see how it looked.

Well even though that paint looks good and I didn't think it would be close it's way closer than the yellow. Really close almost dead on. The factory color is a more yellow gold. You have to really look close and this picture doesn't show it as well as in person, but it's still close.

I have only painted the SIL in Silverado so you can see the difference in them. This pic is taken with the flash on on my phone which often changes how colors may look in real life.

I like the way the yellow looks and I am pretty sure I am going to leave it like that. I know what paint is a close match though and now that I have done this anyone finding this thread in the future will know that they can grab an almost identical match from Walmart in the spray paint section.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This is 25 year old PPG schoolbus yellow single stage that I used to repaint whiskey dents in 20 years of yellow company trucks.
Looks aboot perfect to me.
It has darkened considerably or lost some pigment since the last time I used it officially (10 ish years ago it was still the right color) and looks like a very good match for the dirty mustard color.
This is one coat and I didn’t thin it. So it needs a flow coat.
Planning on dressing up the locking hubs with it too.
This didn’t help since it is not a solution for anyone else unless you have 25 years to wait or want to come over and use it!

Downside is it’s gloss, but doesn’t look as glossy in real life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8