Extra Bulkhead ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadguy

Reaction score
First Name
Jarod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Those rivets can be purchased. There may be numbers on the frame that match the last bunch of the VIN. Get a wire brush and look, try the pass side first. My 84 M1009 had that style controller, I can check under the hood tomorrow.

Was the 5.7L Olds diesel available for squares? Answered http://www.dieselhub.com/idi/5.7-olds-diesel.html my own question.
Im thinking this vin might have been changed or something. The diesel is the only thing I can think of.. maybe the cab is really a 78.. I don’t know why somebody would change the vin though.. makes no sense.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Somebody may have changed the VIN to a '75 because the emission controls are much simpler. 1975 trucks above a certain GVW had very minimal emissions controls, and could run off regular gas.

My '75 GMC K25 is an HD version and the only CA emissions controls were an evaporative canister for the gas tanks, PCV valve, and the hot air stove for the air cleaner intake. It does not have any vacuum switches, throttle switches, EGR, or any other controls.

Bruce