Extra Bulkhead ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadguy

Reaction score
First Name
Jarod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Hey everyone New here!
My son bought a 75 c10 small block 350. After some investigation the vin says the cab is a 75 k10.
I’ve searched everywhere and haven’t came up with a definite answer on what the bulkhead to the left of the main one is. Can someone guide me In The right direction??
The previous owner had wrapped all these wires up in the wire loom and none of them connect to anything.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Dual tanks? I wouldn’t think a 75 model year would have any kind of computer. Auxiliary lighting for camper shell? Are there any connectors left on the wire ends?

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Dual tanks? I wouldn’t think a 75 model year would have any kind of computer. Auxiliary lighting for camper shell? Are there any connectors left on the wire ends?
Im pretty sure that has nothing to do with dual tanks. My 78 c10 has duals and im 95% positive it dont have that bulkhead

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
That's something a previous owner installed... They did a nice job. Usually people aren't as diligent about removing things inside the cab. Where are the wires on the interior side of that bulkhead plug routed?

NL2 dual tanks would be a round rubber overmolded four position connector/grommet similar to the taillamp disconnect at the back end of the LH frame rail.

Roadguy

Reaction score
First Name
Jarod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for the replies guys. This truck has been a nightmare full of surprises.
The truck does have dual tanks. My first thought was diesel but the vin number is throwing me off of it being that. All the pictures show where the wires go except 4 of them go up to the dash somewhere.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
The complexity of the module and number of wires suggest cruise control to me. Can't say I've looked at one of the vintage. Although, I could see that looking like a glow plug controller too.
The switch above the accelerator pedal is the downshift switch for a Turbo 400.

Roadguy

Reaction score
First Name
Jarod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The complexity of the module and number of wires suggest cruise control to me. Can't say I've looked at one of the vintage. Although, I could see that looking like a glow plug controller too.
The switch above the accelerator pedal is the downshift switch for a Turbo 400.
I’m not sure where the factory cruise control switch would be. Nothing has been original on this truck so far.There is not any switch on the column for cruise control. Is that where it might be?
At least I know what the switch is above the accelerator.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
Single switch out on the end of the turn signal stalk that pushed in to set the cruise on a factory system of the era. The word 'Cruise' typically wore off. Aftermarket typically had a little slide switch too out on the end of the turn signal stalk.

Roadguy

Reaction score
First Name
Jarod
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Single switch out on the end of the turn signal stalk that pushed in to set the cruise on a factory system of the era. The word 'Cruise' typically wore off. Aftermarket typically had a little slide switch too out on the end of the turn signal stalk.
I definitely don’t have anything on the steering column or the signal switch. I’ve looked in google images for an hour trying to find this module. But no results. I’d think this module would definitely identify what the bulk is..

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
No Identifying names or numbers on the case?

Rickf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
1974, 1954 & a 1937
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Those rivets can be purchased. There may be numbers on the frame that match the last bunch of the VIN. Get a wire brush and look, try the pass side first. My 84 M1009 had that style controller, I can check under the hood tomorrow.

Was the 5.7L Olds diesel available for squares? Answered http://www.dieselhub.com/idi/5.7-olds-diesel.html my own question.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28