Engine Test stand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Ok most of you are aware I am working on doing a vortec 5.7, 4L80E swap into a SB.
So to help with all the wiring I am contemplating building a stand to mount the Engine and trans on so I can build my wiring harness with out having to lean over and under the truck. I am looking for Ideas for a stand, If anyone has built one or has one post some pictures for me so I can get an idea of what all I will want.

Oh and if you have suggestions let me know those too

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I just saw one on craigslist recently for cheap, a home made unit but its gone now. They look simple enough, just a square made out of two inch square stock.

The first thing that comes to mind when I think building one is SPACE. The ones I was just looking at on google take up a shitload of space. I think a big thing in your design you come up with is the ability to take it apart and lean it against a wall.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I saw one back in 2006 that had the dash for switches and holes to put the engine perches and mounts on it too.

proddy2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 3500 dually
Engine Size
350/sm465/d70hd
cant be to hard to build 2 motormounts and a trans mount would be plenty then something for the radiator thats all thats holdin it in the truck anyways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag