Engine runs hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
For some reason I was thinking the single electric fan was added with the stock fan in place. I've seen that a lot.

My wife always accuses me of expecting people to know too much.

I figured he has ran a hose through the radiator, made sure it flows great out both ends, checked his fans flow, tried to burp it, all the basics.

So I kinda went from there.

I am being an ass to you. I apologize, forgot to eat with the prednisone, on top of the pain, its just one of those days.

I APOLOGIZE.

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
My wife always accuses me of expecting people to know too much.

I figured he has ran a hose through the radiator, made sure it flows great out both ends, checked his fans flow, tried to burp it, all the basics.

So I kinda went from there.

I am being an ass to you. I apologize, forgot to eat with the prednisone, on top of the pain, its just one of those days.

I APOLOGIZE.
Dude you aint bothering me one bit! I like your advice. Im no whinny ass sensitive liberal, and I have been an ******* on this sight when I had been drinking too much! And damn, I still feel bad about that.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Dude you aint bothering me one bit! I like your advice. Im no whinny ass sensitive liberal, and I have been an ******* on this sight when I had been drinking too much! And damn, I still feel bad about that.

Just wasn't how I was raised. Now you accept my apology. LOL

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
Just wasn't how I was raised. Now you accept my apology. LOL
Accepted! But I still aint going to look at your surgery photos. I'm not into that sort of thing.

Darth Plasma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350/SM465
I'll throw my two cents in, a thirty plus year old radiator is most certainly clogged. And you do need a shroud. My 84 and 86 both had original radiators and both were clogged as hell. I found good aluminum three row units at a good price and fixed two trucks. If your truck has a fan clutch check that.
I’m just gonna bite the bullet and throw a new water pump and decent radiator on. Do TBI engines have AC delete belts? I don’t have my AC hooked up and the compressor constantly makes noise and just creates more work for the engine to spin

1985c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
What electric fan do you have? A good mechanical clutch fan will out pull almost any electrical fan.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I’m just gonna bite the bullet and throw a new water pump and decent radiator on. Do TBI engines have AC delete belts? I don’t have my AC hooked up and the compressor constantly makes noise and just creates more work for the engine to spin

Yes, just ask for an ac bypass pulley(keep the same belt). Unless its not serpentine, then just pull the belt.

Serpentine- Autozone- Dorman AC compressor bypass pulley- #34152

Darth Plasma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350/SM465
Yes, just ask for an ac bypass pulley(keep the same belt). Unless its not serpentine, then just pull the belt.

Serpentine- Autozone- Dorman AC compressor bypass pulley- #34152
Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486