Engine identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyPile

Left on own accord
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Well, maybe not, lol.... But nobody popped up with the answer yet, figured you or ole "Pile O Rust" would have blurted that out real quick. lol.. :D

Well short bread, you missed the boat on this one.. I don't make it a habit to quote myself but I will issue a clue.. Go back and read post #22.. Your answer is right there in the second paragraph..:bleh:

RustyPile

Left on own accord
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
You mean the black and gold piece of pure badassness?

That's the one.. Ol' Smokey cut and carved on that Chevelle body something fierce.. Reduced the frontal area, chopped the A pillars and added more rake to the windshield, narrowed the car, and lots of other body mods.. And made the damn thing fit the templates.. Standing alone the changes weren't very evident. but place it beside a "normal" Chevelle and the differences stood out like a ***** in church...

In the early days of NASCAR racing, body modifications were very limited.. In 1957 (or thereabouts), Smokey ran a 57 Chevy sedan.. Now everybody knows about the vent inlets above the headlights.. The vent outlet is in the kick panel.. Well, Smokey figured a way to reduce frontal area without actually changing the frontal area.. He plumbed in a large tube that started at that vent inlet opening and ran the tube through the fender, firewall, inside of the car, all the way to backup light openings in the rear bumper. The theory was that some of the air hitting the front of the car would pass through the tube and exit the rear, reducing the size of the "wall of air" the car has to penitrate. That simple modification gained him 200 RPM down the straightaways..

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well short bread, you missed the boat on this one.. I don't make it a habit to quote myself but I will issue a clue.. Go back and read post #22.. Your answer is right there in the second paragraph..:bleh:
LOL, you missed the boat on that one, lol, :D I didn't ask a question and I already knew all that stuff, I just wanted to see if anyone knew the distinctive difference of that block to regular blocks, but Honky **** gave it away too quick, lol.. :D

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Isn't the w-motor stuff kind of common knowledge among Chevy folk?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Do kids not read books these days?

Lol, nevermind. That was a stupid question.
LMMFAO what’s a book? Is it something I can plug into my iThingy?

RustyPile

Left on own accord
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Well, maybe not, lol.... But nobody popped up with the answer yet, figured you or ole "Pile O Rust" would have blurted that out real quick. lol.. :D
If you were looking for an answer, there had to be a question in there somewhere.. I looked back and didn't see a question so I asked you "what was the question?" If you want to debate with me, come back with more accurate "ammunition" your bed ain't all that's short right now.. lol...:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Today's kids have the attitude of "who needs books, if it's on the internet, it's gotta be true..."

More like, I'm gonna buy something I know nothing about, then find a forum and machine gun questions out as fast as I can think of them. This is now know as "research".

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Today's kids have the attitude of "who needs books, if it's on the internet, it's gotta be true..."
Yup when I was younger I studied a Chilton and gun manuals and I have a few that were my dad and grandfathers that I still reference

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
More like, I'm gonna buy something I know nothing about, then find a forum and machine gun questions out as fast as I can think of them. This is now know as "research".
Ain’t that the truth or maybe hack it on and trash the company because of their own stupidity

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
If you were looking for an answer, there had to be a question in there somewhere.. I looked back and didn't see a question so I asked you "what was the question?" If you want to debate with me, come back with more accurate "ammunition" your bed ain't all that's short right now.. lol...:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:
page 2 post 13 can’t have shortbread and pile o rust going at it lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85