Emissions help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blake1999

Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I have a 1985 GMC Sierra classic that I'm restoring. I'm sorry for asking all this because I know a lot of people have but u can't seem to find very good help on our squares and especially the 85 year I would like to take everything emissions related off of the engine all I want is a basic engine and carb set up with no emissions except a cat. I don't have to have any emissions in my county the only reason for the cat is I thought I would help the earth out a bit. The questions I have are how do I get the carb to work with none of the emissions? Should I just buy a new carb and what kind? Also I have heard removing the EGR will mess up the engine and maybe have some knocking or detention is this true? Also do I have to upgrade the distributor for all the emissions removal? Last thing is should I just remove the ESC and just use a non computer controlled carb? Thanks for the help in advance.

85c10owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have a 85 GMC also and it seems 85 is kinda on its own with the emissions stuff. If you remove it the ESC you will need a regular carb. I plan to do all of this with mine including removing the cat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486