Electrical Connector Function - Do I need this? Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptfw30

Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
Hi , new to the Forum. I bought this 86 K10 with a 454 and a Suburban suspension about 20yrs ago. I have been doing some maintenance and wanted to get some loose ends fixed. I've driven it without much of a fuss as it ran great, and it had some little things wrong with it. but nothing earth shattering. I had taken a little more time fixing it up since it needed some TLC and am investigating how to identify what I need now vs. what the truck came with.

The engine is a carburetor engine (750 Holley single pumper w/ vac secondaries). I rebuilt the 700 R4 to a heavy duty standard. (put in about $1500 of parts / clutches/ servos, and other various upgrades) The trans is solid. Body, well not so much (It lives in the North East so you imagine what the rockers look like)

So onto my connector function question. (Btw I tried to find it on the electrical diagrams and the only thing that looked close was the ALDL connector)

This connector below is under the hood and is wrapped around the vacuum line for what I believe is for vents / dampers of the HVAC system inside (it was never connected). If I extend the vacuum line along the firewall it lines up to the intake manifold which could be where is supposed to get its vacuum from. On the other side they enter the cab right next to bulkhead harness connector (I think just below it) on the firewall.

You must be registered for see images attach

It then connects on the inside to a 12 pin connector (pretty sure it's 12) right by the opening of the radio hole.

...which connects to this circuit board.

...that is housed in this enclosure

Does anyone know what this is?

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
That looks like the control box for the cruise control. Is the box mounted to a bracket near the throttle pedal? If so, it’s cruise control

ptfw30

Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
Oh, ok that makes sense. The previous owner did not hook that up. Thanks for your reply...Hey is that a W31? I noticed the ram air ducts...

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
I do have the under the bumper air scoops on my Olds, and while it is a factory setup, it’s not factory delivered on my car. However, way back all the parts were available over the counter.

I bought the air cleaner at a swap meet, the guy selling it didn’t know what it was. I bought the scoops, brackets, and hoses to make it functional.

ptfw30

Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
Cool, I always liked the 69 body style and dashboard. I have a 71 W30 4sp all original. Viking Blue with white stripes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue