Electric to manual choke - NEED HELP ! -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Creedux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Ok so here's my issue ... ive got an Edelbrock carb ( Not sure what model :sorry: ) and it has an electric choke that isn't working. How hard is it to make it a manual choke with a cable ?

If you can post some pics to help me out that would be great !

Thanks in advance !

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Why go through all that trouble? Why not fix what is wrong with the choke you have now?

Does it get proper voltage? Does the electric choke actually work?

Creedux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Ive never been a fan of electric choke. My dump truck, tractor, lawn mower and motorcycle all have a manual choke. I prefer to keep things simple.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
shouldnt be too bad. I haven't ever swapped and originally electric choke carb to a manual choke. but if im not mistaken the linkage that you electric choke is hooked to is the same likeage that your choke cable is going to hook up to. your gonna have to either fab or buy a choke cable bracket or jimmy rig it to keep the outer cable from moving and only allowing to the inner part to move. im pretty sure edelbrock will have everything you should need. ive only swap from manual to electric before not vise versa. its also been awhile since ive even touched a manual choke so....i could be way off at this point. lol i know that the manual choke has its own housing that bolts in the place of the electric choke so it should be pretty self explanatory

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man