Choke Problems on SBC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It is all back together.
Before dismantling, brought the timing marks to 8* BTDC, marked the distributor how it all sets.
Got it back together. Set the choke, Nick twists the switch to start, boom, not even one revolution and it is running.
Turned on the timing light, he Nick, look at this. Timing was exactly and perfectly on 8*BTDC. LOL
Choke stove mounting was at 275* F and I am sure it was going to get hotter. The choke now functions as it should and the repairs we accomplished will serve the step son for many years to come.
Thank You everyone for Your wisdom, help and support.
Oh Yeah.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
Reminiscing back, it was 28 years ago, right at this time, that I took my last drink of any sort of an alcoholic beverage.
I was in a total black out drunk state and My son had witnessed My demise to get this far down.
A real miracle and the greatest gift I ever did receive, granted to Me from My Heavenly Father. AMEN
Congratulations on the success and your 28 years. I’m nearing 9 months of sobriety myself.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Congratulations on the success and your 28 years. I’m nearing 9 months of sobriety myself.
I hope that You are attending THOSE meetings and are working with a sponsor.
Do not stalemate out on that 4th step.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad