Egr bleed selonoid wiring bypass question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I installed a different motor in my k10 which doesn't have a egr or the seloniod , there is a yellow and a light blue wire that comes from 700r4 tranny to the bleed selonoid, can I just run a jumper wire between these 2 wires to complete the circut, I believe they have something to do with tranny lock up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 124

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I installed a different motor in my k10 which doesn't have a egr or the seloniod , there is a yellow and a light blue wire that comes from 700r4 tranny to the bleed selonoid, can I just run a jumper wire between these 2 wires to complete the circut, I believe they have something to do with tranny lock up.

It looks like you can simply eliminate the YEL & LT BLU leads. The EGR bleed solenoid is controlled by the TCC circuitry - not the other way around. IOW, the bleed solenoid coil doesn't have any effect TCC operation.

So if you don't even have one, it follows that it doesn't require any wiring. See the diagram below:

You must be registered for see images attach

From what I can see, it looks like when the transmission is in 3rd gear and the TCC is locked up, the switches are closed, current flows through the coil and the EGR valve opens which allows EGR gasses into the combustion chambers .

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gord