Wiring question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueburb2500

Reaction score
First Name
Elliott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
Hello everyone. I am troubleshooting my cruise control and I’m reading out power on my connector for the cruise control module. I’m supposed to have 12volts at pin F according to my alldata troubleshooting schematic. It’s also telling me that pin E should be a ground. On my connector on the truck there is no wire or terminal on pin e. Is this correct ? On the tsb photo it’s showing a pin e to ground but on the wiring diagram it’s showing it’s empty.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Could it possibly be a case ground (internally grounded)?

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
I'd look at the wiring diagrams in the reference library of this site to be sure you are looking at the right stuff.

blueburb2500

Reaction score
First Name
Elliott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
Yeah I’ll go there now. I’ve never had a problem with alldatas wiring schematics I’m wondering if the tsb is for a different model truck? Maybe obs truck

blueburb2500

Reaction score
First Name
Elliott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
I'd look at the wiring diagrams in the reference library of this site to be sure you are looking at the right stuff.
So not sure which one to go by. Using the Diagram in the tech library for my truck a 1990 suburban. It’s telling me my brake light switch wires should be gray/black and brown on one switch and the other switch should be Brown and Gray. Mine are gray/black and gray for the first switch and orange and white on second switch.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
not sure what you are looking at. grey/black and grey is right for an automatic transmission cruise brake switch. section A pg 114. the other switch may be for the TCC?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbcasterlin