EFI self tuning questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987_chevy_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
SBC 350
So I have a built 383 stroker, and I am trying to figure out what to use to supply the fuel. The engine was originally built for a stock TBI system I was going to run a 454 TBI with a tune. But I have gone away from that the cam is pretty big and might not run good with the TBI and I already have a carb intake on it. The question is WILL I BE ABLE TO GET ALL THE POWER POSSIBLE OUT OF A SELF TUNING EFI SYSTEM? I've been told by the engine builder the TBI wont produce max power. If you throw a carb on it you'll gain more power.

Another question I have is the first start of a freshly rebuilt engine. will I be able to throw the self tuning EFI on the engine start it up and Rev the engine up to the recommend RPM to get the cam lubricated?

I was looking at the 600hp self tuning EFI on Summitracing for just under $1,000

84Rumpty

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
6cyl
That's what I'm going to do except I'm going with the FiTech 600hp power adder system cause in the future I will add either a turbo system or supercharger. I did a 408 stroker kit on a dodge and used the FAST system and had no problems starting it and reving it up to break in the cam (large cam ) so I don't think this kit should be any different.

1987_chevy_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
SBC 350
That's what I'm going to do except I'm going with the FiTech 600hp power adder system cause in the future I will add either a turbo system or supercharger. I did a 408 stroker kit on a dodge and used the FAST system and had no problems starting it and reving it up to break in the cam (large cam ) so I don't think this kit should be any different.

Aright thank you for the help. I appreciate it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising