Edelbrock 1405 carb running rich

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
While I agree it's gone in another direction from the original thread intent, just keep in mind in the end he's just like all the rest of us and is trying to fix his truck.
While I can appreciate that, this ain't the thread for it and they should respect that.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
This thread took a hard right turn from its original title. lol
what does this have to do with an edelbrock carb running rich? I see why you have over 1,000 posts......cuz u break one post into 12. Please admin can you clean this up.

@iamtherealJayy please search the forums for your issue and see if there's a previous post about the issue. Yes we all have failed to do that and the search function isnt perfect....we are all human. But hijacking a thread about another subject is NOT cool. This clouds CRAP, that others that know how to read or take the time to research, have to sift through.

Sorry for being a Richard Cranium but Damn.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
While I agree it's gone in another direction from the original thread intent, just keep in mind in the end he's just like all the rest of us and is trying to fix his truck.
It's gonna kick the search engine in the balls.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
While I can appreciate that, this ain't the thread for it and they should respect that.

what does this have to do with an edelbrock carb running rich? I see why you have over 1,000 posts......cuz u break one post into 12. Please admin can you clean this up.

@iamtherealJayy please search the forums for your issue and see if there's a previous post about the issue. Yes we all have failed to do that and the search function isnt perfect....we are all human. But hijacking a thread about another subject is NOT cool. This clouds CRAP, that others that know how to read or take the time to research, have to sift through.

Sorry for being a Richard Cranium but Damn.
Wait a minute guys. This is a serious post and I'm genuinely asking you guys a question so please don't flame me. @iamtherealJayy Started this thread. Yes, the topic has changed, a few times really and yes he really should, within reason start a new thread for each problem, but how can one hijack their own thread? I'm just asking, or are we talking about subject drift as Hijacking? At least it's still about the same truck, but I do agree he should start a new thread for each problem.

Maybe since you've asked for admin help which ever one sees that can give his take.

Yea, I mean I get it from the finding stuff perspective it sucks. Someone coming a long later and using the search feature will never be able to find what they are looking for if they are dumped into this thread. I'm not blind to that and you guys all know I'm all about people being able to find info later, since we have so much of it on the forums. So Jacob they are right about that, you should start a new thread for each problem in the appropriate section and you can always tag people in the new thread if you want someone specific to see it.

iamtherealJayy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1987, 1978, 1976
Truck Model
V20, K10, K10
Engine Size
350, 350, 350
Tightened the manifold bolts today. Two on the drivers side center were a little more than hand tight, spraying carb cleaner did not effect the idle anymore. Although my vacuum gauge still only reads about 14-17ish at idle. sometimes it idles down to around 550(14 inhg) and other times it only idles down to 750ish(17 inhg) I prefer the idle closer to 750 but what causes it to idle lower some times than other.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey