Eagle Field Old School Drags 10/6/12 near Fresno, CA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It is 4x4... I really don't want to think about the burb in parts but I can't keep it too... it is kind of depressing... thought about trying to change the vin but figure I'll see more hot water over that then it is worth...lol

No NO NO. Do not jack with the VIN in CA. Even in OK, you can get by with a cab swap on a different frame. But not in CA. CA checks VIN plate to see if it matches the frame. Yes, VIN #'s are stamped into the frames and CHP and inspection stations have manuals that tell them where these hidden #'s are. Especially on 81 up year model vehicles.

I do have another buddy in So Cal, he might be interested. In fact yesterday when he called me on this way back from Fresno and the Eagle Field Dragstrip, he was in Bakersfield stopping to get something to eat and piss break before he started climbing Grapevine. Post up some pics of it and the interior. Do you know the gear ratio on the axles?

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
No NO NO. Do not jack with the VIN in CA. Even in OK, you can get by with a cab swap on a different frame. But not in CA. CA checks VIN plate to see if it matches the frame. Yes, VIN #'s are stamped into the frames and CHP and inspection stations have manuals that tell them where these hidden #'s are. Especially on 81 up year model vehicles.

I do have another buddy in So Cal, he might be interested. In fact yesterday when he called me on this way back from Fresno and the Eagle Field Dragstrip, he was in Bakersfield stopping to get something to eat and piss break before he started climbing Grapevine. Post up some pics of it and the interior. Do you know the gear ratio on the axles?

Thats funny I went and watched those drags at eagle field in Saturday.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thats funny I went and watched those drags at eagle field in Saturday.

Man, that is some funny ****. What's up with you crossing me and my buddies paths, but yet never get to meet. Friggin small world though. Do you remember seeing the light blue dragster?

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
What engine was it running? I take it was front engined. Was it a 6? They ran a lot of straight 6s. I was going to ask if it was the pretty yellow late 70s short box square. There was only one of those that I saw. That was about the newest vehicle I saw. They tried to keep to real with the old gasser theme. It was nice not see any rich kids with their centrifugal supercharged 2012 mustangs. I hate that ****.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
What engine was it running? I take it was front engined. Was it a 6? They ran a lot of straight 6s. I was going to ask if it was the pretty yellow late 70s short box square. There was only one of those that I saw. That was about the newest vehicle I saw. They tried to keep to real with the old gasser theme. It was nice not see any rich kids with their centrifugal supercharged 2012 mustangs. I hate that ****.

He actually runs an old school fuel injected Pontiac 4 cylinder with a Magneto and a Powerglide with a Transbrake. Hard to believe it runs 10.30s @126mph in he 1/4.

Attachments

• 194Poncho.jpg
    194Poncho.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 128
  • EdwardsDragester.jpg
    EdwardsDragester.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 131

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
He actually runs an old school fuel injected Pontiac 4 cylinder with a Magneto and a Powerglide with a Transbrake. Hard to believe it runs 10.30s @126mph in he 1/4.

That's awesome. :)

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt

I don't remember this thing. I only saw front engined drags except the jr ones. It was really an unorganized event. No one was being timed and I don't think anyone was being eliminated unless something broke.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Sounds like a cool event... lol

It is. It's just a small airport strip they close off and run.
You must be registered for see images attach

The charger was for sale for 9000. If I wanted a divorce I would have gone to the bank.

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
I don't know but the charger might have been worth it to me...lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It is. It's just a small airport strip they close off and run.

The charger was for sale for 9000. If I wanted a divorce I would have gone to the bank.

Yeah, it was intended to be very unorganized, untimed, flag start and all that. It was to be an event like in the older days of trash talking and running races on the street like was done back in the 50's and 60's. My buddy got a couple good pics of the plane too.
You must be registered for see images

WE SO NEED TO CLEAN THIS THREAD UP NOW. I'LL Git'r Done before tonights over.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You want see some trippy **** !!! Wildcatjason tooks pics of my CA buddy's back. Look at WCJ's plane photo's then look at my buddy's plane photos.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
Yeah I don't wanna take over someones thread, but which plane pic? I am trying to figure out where he is standing. Is he just beside me with a better camera?

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah I don't wanna take over someones thread, but which plane pic? I am trying to figure out where he is standing. Is he just beside me with a better camera?

He's way in front of you with tan shorts, white Tshirt with a graphic on the back. See his dragster pic under the canopy and see the dude in shorts. Then look at your plane pics. Look as close up plane pic in reference to the Bus, then you'll have an idea where he was standing when you took your pic. You're way behind him. He's almost to the track.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
He's way in front of you with tan shorts, white Tshirt with a graphic on the back. See his dragster pic under the canopy and see the dude in shorts. Then look at your plane pics. Look as close up plane pic in reference to the Bus, then you'll have an idea where he was standing when you took your pic. You're way behind him. He's almost to the track.

I see him now. This was a good time. It made me wanna run something. Oh well, maybe someday. Time to throw this up on the off topic. Have fun with the build man, maybe one day I will accidentally take pic of you too! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe