1973 Chevy K10 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onemetalhead69

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 5.7L
I am sure this has been asked and I did research to see but could not find it. We have a 1973 K10 long bed with a 6" lift. I am curious what are the largest rims and tires that anyone has used without rubbing/trimming? We would like 37's or 38's but not sure on rim size. This will not be a mall crawler, sorry fellas, but more of a patina style monster truck that will be going off road. No we do not want giant wheels with rubber bands, we do want to ensure if we were to hit a curb, the tire will take it and not the rim.

Thank you in advance!!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I’d stick with 35s unless you’re relocating the front axle and or breaking out the die grinder to clearance the front fenders. In which case 37s will work fine.

onemetalhead69

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 5.7L
I’d stick with 35s unless you’re relocating the front axle and or breaking out the die grinder to clearance the front fenders. In which case 37s will work fine.
How about with a 2-3" body lift?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
How about with a 2-3" body lift?
Well that would make it an 8” or 9” lift which is plenty for 37s or even 38s IMO. But you have to figure in offset and tire width. You didn’t say if you’re planning 12.50s or 15.50s.
But thats a lot of tire for half ton axles /hubs if you’re gonna be wailing on it. Don’t be surprised if you break stuff eventually.

onemetalhead69

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 5.7L
Well that would make it an 8” or 9” lift which is plenty for 37s or even 38s IMO. But you have to figure in offset and tire width. You didn’t say if you’re planning 12.50s or 15.50s.
But thats a lot of tire for half ton axles /hubs if you’re gonna be wailing on it. Don’t be surprised if you break stuff eventually.
I am imgining that in due time things will break and need replacing. I am not sure on width of tires, that is why I am reaching out. We have the Dana 44 from end and 12 bolt rear end. I imagine they should be able to take some abuse, no?

What we will do is drive it like we stole it and upgrade items as they fall apart. We knew this going in. Just like me buying my 2017 F350 SRW 1 ton 6.7L, I did not buy it for fuel milage and again, I knew this going into it.