e320 wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Where is the rear headrest button?

Yeah, some of the early 210s didnt have head rest release buttons. And youre missing seat heater buttons too. :) haha. What was nice about MB back then, you could get cherry pick options. About 2003 ish, they stopped doing that and came out with packages.

Damn, ASR. I would have thought that 98 was ESP...
At least you have a sunroof.

AND... I dont see it and I didnt think it was until 2000, but you dont have the fiber optic audio, thank your deity. Because you would basically be up ***** creek without a tester.

To be very honest, there werent many problems with that vehicle. Nothing audio wise that could help with. It was a radio, an amp, some wiring, and speakers... and in your case, CD changer... which, BTW, if the cartage gets stuck, first buy a cartage. If that doesnt help, you'll need the whole changer. I never did figure a way to repair them, though there might be more info on line.

And those door clips always, always, always break. Make sure to get some if you are removing door panels. I almost think they were made to break.

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Not sure on the sedans, but wagons have manual because of the seat folding. I did get the original sticker with it as well. Main purpose for this to be available for my wife to take, especially if I am working on the suburban.
You must be registered for see images attach
Makes sense on the wagon thing, I used to mess with people in the back seat in my 87 300e.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Got some service records for it, in the last few years it had the following:
Transmission service
Brake fluid flush
Driveshaft flex disk
Rear main seal
Valve cover seals
Coolant flush
Rear window regulators

Also started on tinting it. Takes a while with every window being a complex curve. The back is the worst because I started one day and then had to put everything away to continue next day. Got couple of creases in the film. Driver side and back are done. Driver side came out very well. Passenger side will be later. And then need to redo the back of the suburban.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Got some service records for it, in the last few years it had the following:
Transmission service
Brake fluid flush
Driveshaft flex disk
Rear main seal
Valve cover seals
Coolant flush
Rear window regulators

Also started on tinting it. Takes a while with every window being a complex curve. The back is the worst because I started one day and then had to put everything away to continue next day. Got couple of creases in the film. Driver side and back are done. Driver side came out very well. Passenger side will be later. And then need to redo the back of the suburban.
Looks good!!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Replaced amp, still no rear speakers. Need to check line out. For time being put some box speakers in the trunk.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Had to put in a new battery, got tired of carrying a spare in the trunk to jump start when weather cools off. Used jumper posts under the hood to keep 12V to the system while changing the battery. That way did not have to reset everything electrical. Also as I was missing my old 84 datsun/nissan wagon realized that they are almost identical. Both 6 cylinder(datsun became 5.3 later), auto, rwd with sun roof. The datsun picture for reference.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kool ride. Not sure I would be able to do much service work on a Mercedes. Don’t see too many around here and never any on the used car market for the most part. I guess people go to Nashville tp trade up at the dealers.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Finally got around to integrating the power for the dash cam. The overhead controls have a constant 12 V and a power mosfet that is switched using low voltage logic coming from one of the body modules. Essentially there is no native switched 12V going up to it, so I tapped in to the garage opener circuit. Now all is hidden and camera works with key on.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to integrating the power for the dash cam. The overhead controls have a constant 12 V and a power mosfet that is switched using low voltage logic coming from one of the body modules. Essentially there is no native switched 12V going up to it, so I tapped in to the garage opener circuit. Now all is hidden and camera works with key on.

Impressive, I’m lost on electrical stuff like this. I can wire a house but automotive electronics are pretty much a mystery to me.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Well, a lady backed in to me earlier today. Enough damage to probably total it. Not sure if I want insurance involved.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Apparently they quickly followed with their own insurance claim, so they are involved. Waiting on the body shop quote.
Body shop quoted $3200 for repair

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Still waiting on insurance, but received blower motor brushes from australia. Installed and blower motor works again. I initially tried finding brushes locally (failed), then ordered complete assembly (failed due to their design with plastic for heatsink), and then went back to finding brushes for original.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That sux it got hit. Take all they'll offer and then negotiate a buy back. Some insurance companies want 50%. Look on Copart and see what they're selling for at auction in wrecked condtion. I did that on mine and told them all they're going to get minus the fees for the auction to pick it up and sell it so you're way ahead of the game if I buy it back for 20%. They settled on 25% buy back after wanting 50%.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Looks like it is getting fixed. Now just to figure out if it is me or a body shop. Their adjuster missed the obviously broken headlight and bent radiator so the current check does not include those parts. And they of course want a body shop submitting request for them instead of me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC