e320 wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I went back to the dark side for a choice in a smaller 4 door automatic vehicle. 87k miles, 98 e320 wagon. It is slow, but rwd and wagon. Still don't like the 4 round headlight front on these, but price was right. Hoping it would not be giving too much trouble. It does need a tint on all windows, but have to think hard about it as it would be expensive with all that glass.

You must be registered for see images attach

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Hope it treats you well. Myself, I would be mighty skeptical of 20 year old german automotive technology.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Hope it treats you well. Myself, I would be mighty skeptical of 20 year old german automotive technology.
Generally 90's and older mercedes was doing a bit better in the reliability department. Other options were a bmw and a caprice wagon. But it has been impossible to find a caprice wagon around here, and most bmw's I was finding were in the year ranges to stay away from.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I had the misfortune of going through a few '90s vintage BMWs that were trade ins when I was at the dealer. Not a fan of the german cars after that. The cleanest of the bunch was an ex embassy car, with the bullet proof glass and door armor. Of course the clown that bought it couldn't accept that we didn't have alignment specs (Honda dealer) because of all the extra weight in the thing.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I went back to the dark side for a choice in a smaller 4 door automatic vehicle. 87k miles, 98 e320 wagon. It is slow, but rwd and wagon. Still don't like the 4 round headlight front on these, but price was right. Hoping it would not be giving too much trouble. It does need a tint on all windows, but have to think hard about it as it would be expensive with all that glass.

I had an 87 300e for awhile thing was a tank and did sweet donuts too. Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I had the misfortune of going through a few '90s vintage BMWs that were trade ins when I was at the dealer. Not a fan of the german cars after that. The cleanest of the bunch was an ex embassy car, with the bullet proof glass and door armor. Of course the clown that bought it couldn't accept that we didn't have alignment specs (Honda dealer) because of all the extra weight in the thing.
I'll take German over tin can Japanese or electrical disaster British stuff. I like Audi or Benz for luxury/ performance sedans. F- BMW

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hey @yevgenievich make sure that Benz has the you can park where ever and how ever you want card in the glovebox. But then again it's common knowledge and accepted that Benz owners reserve the right to park how and where the want. Lol I did.....

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
If you need any help, I was a Master Certified MB tech and worked on them for almost 10 years.

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Those 210 chassis are tanks. Rear window regulators are *****, but they take like 25 minutes if you have a drill and rivet gun. Front ball joints. Thats about it. Should last for years. Id love to have an E55 in that chassis or an E 430 sport 4-matic.

Hell, I have a transmission dipstick, and radio/ac keys, and maybe instrument cluster pullers if you need them.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Those 210 chassis are tanks. Rear window regulators are *****, but they take like 25 minutes if you have a drill and rivet gun. Front ball joints. Thats about it. Should last for years. Id love to have an E55 in that chassis or an E 430 sport 4-matic.

Hell, I have a transmission dipstick, and radio/ac keys, and maybe instrument cluster pullers if you need them.
I would really like for this to be a e55 powered wagon. It needs tires really badly(like 10 and 15 year old tires on it currently). Wanted to get some sl500 wheels for it but money is a bit dried up on wants. Going to discount later in the week for a fresh set of rubber. Might have to take you up on helping part. Currently the only problems that bother me are the loose turn signal stalk and buzzing sound at speed from the windshield/wiper area. I need to check the trans fluid on it and just noticed that oddly the oil change sticker shows a 20w-50 oil. Hoping it was not due to a chain making noise

ExPatSquareBdy

Reaction score
First Name
Volker
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 ci
If rust is not your concern - can`t go wrong with a W210. Not too much to worry about. Simple but durable transmission, the V6 is much more reliable than the old 320-24v inline 6. Be a bit careful with the rear suspension. It can create expensive surprises. It eats rotors btw.

Here in Germany we have a mandatory bi-annual "roadworthy" certification (if fail - they scratch the seal off the licence plate...). W210 with rusty underbody usually go right into the junkyard. Too expensive to repair.

I am driving a W212 (MY 2015) as a daily. Good car but will not last as Long as many W210 did. Too much complicated electronics.

spanky55amg

Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
The 210 is a tank here State side. Serious, I have always wanted a 210 E55, but in the states, they did NOT bring a wagon over. If you see one, its gray market and a PIA to get parts, though, you can get them from the dealership. I havent seen a 210 state side with rust, even up north, but as a side note, I left Indiana in 2003... 14 years ago, that could be a totally different story. I havent seen too many problems with the rear suspension in the States either.

Watch the clearance with other model wheels. They will all fit EXCEPT for if they are too wide on the fronts and not a full turn and, most importantly, the lug bolts might be too long. You can get short bolts if you need them, but if they are too long, kiss your parking brakes good-bye. Seen it happen, more than once sadly. Bolt them up tight, and then give them a spin and make sure you dont hear any clicking. BTW MB has always used open diffs, so you can do this one wheel at a time. (unless you have something like a C-class black edition or one of the special option SL R230 chassis ((722)), then they had locking diffs.)

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Been doing some cleanung and small projects. There is pretty much no rust on this one being a texas vehicle that lived in a garage from 1998 to 2017. I am fighting a loosing battle with some speakers not playing. 98 appears to be more of a special year that uses older tech, while almost all info is for 2000+. Thinking the amp is at fault.
Been doing some cleaning, pulled the radio to get aux jack installed, checked and ordered new cabin filters, removed old phone parts and ordered cablea and mounts for current phone. Made my own radio keys from some sheet aluminium. Also fixed one of the door panels that was installed incorrectly, did not have the inside sealed and had broken tabs. Decided to wait a month for tires. Diacount should have some deals for black friday

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Been doing some cleanung and small projects. There is pretty much no rust on this one being a texas vehicle that lived in a garage from 1998 to 2017. I am fighting a loosing battle with some speakers not playing. 98 appears to be more of a special year that uses older tech, while almost all info is for 2000+. Thinking the amp is at fault.
Been doing some cleaning, pulled the radio to get aux jack installed, checked and ordered new cabin filters, removed old phone parts and ordered cablea and mounts for current phone. Made my own radio keys from some sheet aluminium. Also fixed one of the door panels that was installed incorrectly, did not have the inside sealed and had broken tabs. Decided to wait a month for tires. Diacount should have some deals for black friday

Where is the rear headrest button?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Where is the rear headrest button?
Not sure on the sedans, but wagons have manual because of the seat folding. I did get the original sticker with it as well. Main purpose for this to be available for my wife to take, especially if I am working on the suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK