Dual Tank operation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lostranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
This is a most helpful thread. Thanks.

86lsk10

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Explains why that pink and white wire in pic has been cut. So no signals from the dead RH tank are sent to dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If anybody needs a 100% complete EFI changeover harness kit w/dash switch, relay control activation for each pump off the dash switch and a new Pollak 65 psi valve, here ya go. This is a complete plug n play setup.

You must be registered for see images attach

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Let me give you another option for EFI and dual tanks.

If you have a stock dual tank carbureted setup, and it works, you can use it to feed a surge tank that contains a single high pressure EFI pump. Several EFI companies have a complete surge tank setup, like the FiTEch Fuel Command Center. The ready-to-run kits are expensive, but the tradeoff is that you can buy one of them and feed from both fuel tanks using the stock carbureted pump. You don't need EFI pumps for both tanks, and you don't need an EFI tank.

Since my Pollak valve and dual tanks currently work, I'm considering the idea of mounting a surge tank (or something like the FiTech Command Center) in the engine compartment on the passenger side frame rail, and feeding it from the stock fuel pump. From there it will be easy to connect to the new EFI system.

Surge tanks are used frequently for racing and rockcrawling to make sure fuel pumps don't get starved of fuel, so there are a lot of articles out there on how to build your own and install an EFI pump. Fancier designs include pressure regulators, gauges, and etc.

Bruce

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Let me give you another option for EFI and dual tanks.

If you have a stock dual tank carbureted setup, and it works, you can use it to feed a surge tank that contains a single high pressure EFI pump. Several EFI companies have a complete surge tank setup, like the FiTEch Fuel Command Center. The ready-to-run kits are expensive, but the tradeoff is that you can buy one of them and feed from both fuel tanks using the stock carbureted pump. You don't need EFI pumps for both tanks, and you don't need an EFI tank.

Since my Pollak valve and dual tanks currently work, I'm considering the idea of mounting a surge tank (or something like the FiTech Command Center) in the engine compartment on the passenger side frame rail, and feeding it from the stock fuel pump. From there it will be easy to connect to the new EFI system.

Surge tanks are used frequently for racing and rockcrawling to make sure fuel pumps don't get starved of fuel, so there are a lot of articles out there on how to build your own and install an EFI pump. Fancier designs include pressure regulators, gauges, and etc.

Bruce
BC Broncos
And
Wild horses

I think both sell surge tank setups

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If anybody needs a 100% complete EFI changeover harness kit w/dash switch, relay control activation for each pump off the dash switch and a new Pollak 65 psi valve, here ya go. This is a complete plug n play setup.

I’m interested in that kit

86lsk10

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Why do I need a relay after the switch if I replace the switch to a rocker from an 87?

86lsk10

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

I remember reading a post describing how this works. But I can’t find it. Why again do you need the relays?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike