Driving/shifting problems please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandon26

Reaction score
First Name
brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra grande
Engine Size
I have a 1978 gmc sierra with a 350. Its always drove and shifted perfectly fine. Usually you cant even feel it shift. Today out of nowhere, when i go to take off from a stop it hesitates and jerks and doesnt want to go, then it seems like its taking a lot longer to shift and when it does shift, it shifts hard. When i go to take off, if i step on it harder than normal, it doesnt really hesitate but it still seems like it shifts harder than normal. Also if im just cruising down the road at a steady speed and i go to speed up, it hesitates but if i really step on it, its ok. When it first did it I was thinking maybe it wasnt getting gas or bogging down or something but if i put it in nuetral or park, it revs up perfectly normal with no hesitation at all. So I think its getting gas. Im really not sure what the problem is, hope its not the trans goin bye bye. Thanks for any help in advance.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Sounds like it could be carburetor problems